CUSA Soccer Final - Denton, TX - Sunday 12pm

Mean Green Matt

I was at the game last night and was shocked to hear the roar of the crowd at the goals. I was only expecting brief polite clapping.

It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and the new soccer stadium facility is really nice.

Team Statistics

Team Statistics
Game Stats RICE UNT
Goals 0 2
Shots 8 22
Shots on Goal 2 8
Saves 6 2
Corners 4 2
Offsides 2 0
Fouls 9 15
Scoring Summary
74:56
UNT Byrd,Allie (7)
Assisted By: DeFrain,Elle Marie , Guderian,Madeline
GOAL by UNT Byrd,Allie (FIRST GOAL), Assist by DeFrain,Elle Marie and Guderian,Madeline, goal number 7 for season.
84:24
UNT Peters,Berklee (11)
Assisted By: Gonzalez,Michelle
GOAL by UNT Peters,Berklee, Assist by Gonzalez,Michelle, goal number 11 for season.

*One other note - These stats were against a dominant Rice team that had only lost one conference game all season 

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ADLER said:

I was at the game last night and was shocked to hear the roar of the crowd at the goals. I was only expecting brief polite clapping.

It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and the new soccer stadium facility is really nice.

Team Statistics

Team Statistics
Game Stats RICE UNT
Goals 0 2
Shots 8 22
Shots on Goal 2 8
Saves 6 2
Corners 4 2
Offsides 2 0
Fouls 9 15
Scoring Summary
74:56
UNT Byrd,Allie (7)
Assisted By: DeFrain,Elle Marie , Guderian,Madeline
GOAL by UNT Byrd,Allie (FIRST GOAL), Assist by DeFrain,Elle Marie and Guderian,Madeline, goal number 7 for season.
84:24
UNT Peters,Berklee (11)
Assisted By: Gonzalez,Michelle
GOAL by UNT Peters,Berklee, Assist by Gonzalez,Michelle, goal number 11 for season.

*One other note - These stats were against a dominant Rice team that had only lost one conference game all season 

Have to think the crowd will be even better and louder tomorrow. This is probably our only chance at a football championship this year. 😉

• Upvote 3

I’m going to make one final plea for attendance tomorrow. These are the times we need to step up as a fan base. This is one of OUR teams (one that has achieveed levels of success not seen by any other program of ours in the last few decades) playing for a championship on OUR field tomorrow. The weather is going to be perfect. If you are upset about our men’s football team (it was a long drive back from Ruston this evening), throw your full attention a support behind our ladies football (soccer) team for one afternoon tomorrow. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

26 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Hedlund ball in full effect I see. FAU came to play. Elle is hurt and that could be bad going forward she’s solid at midfield 😢

Well this wins conference but yields nothing come NCAAs. Great run of dominating conference, now it is time to finally win a tournament game.

Edited by untbowler

4 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Well this wins conference but yields nothing come NCAAs. Great run of dominating conference, now it is time to finally win a tournament game.

5-2 NT. Maybe we can just try and enjoy today. 20 minutes of defense left for a conference title. Unfortunately this is the only one of our teams that does this with any regularity. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

If this holds, what kind of seed are we looking at?

They only seed the top 16 I believe. After that it’s primaeily regional considerations. For instance last year with a 30 RPI we had to play top 10 TAMU. I’m sure TAMU wasn’t thrilled either as it took double OT to beat us.