‘20 TE Ron Tiavaasue - Snow College

97and03

9 hours ago, ADLER said:

He has flags of Tonga, Samoa, and New Zealand on his Twitter page. |🇼🇸🇹🇴🇳🇿

He's also friends with Ami Finau, a 6'2 320lb DT from Euless Trinity / Independence CC that has offers from Arizona, Illinois, and Maryland, and received offers from both Marshall and Southern Miss today. 247 Profile for Ami Finau

We need to offer Ami Finau asap and have him meet with the Sose Brothers and Sa'afi.  Send him a copy of their spot on BTG.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I am not complaining about the quality of any of the tight ends that we recruited but why do we need at least four tight ends?

Alberding is the highest rated tight end in my memory and Lee and Roberts are already in fold to a one man position.  Well, I suppose it could be two man if one was on the line and another at H-back but I don't remember that happening.

That doesn't even include the possible starter (or at least #1 backup) Jason Pirtle.

I'm glad to see us get highly rated tight ends but we need quality defensive linemen (3 or 4 per line).  Novil and LeBlanc are pleasant surprises but neither was a 3-star athlete (LeBlanc did get one 3-star vote).  Rausik is a quality defensive line candidate who I hope can play as a freshman.

My point is that we need defensive players rather than another offensive player.  

Edited by GrayEagle

4 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I am not complaining about the quality of any of the tight ends that we recruited but why do we need at least four tight ends?

Alberding is the highest rated tight end in my memory and Lee and Roberts are already in fold to a one man position.  Well, I suppose it could be two man if one was on the line and another at H-back but I don't remember that happening.

That doesn't even include the possible starter (or at least #1 backup) Jason Pirtle.

I'm glad to see us get highly rated tight ends but we need quality defensive linemen (3 or 4 per line).  Novil and LeBlanc are pleasant surprises but neither was a 3-star athlete (LeBlanc did get one 3-star vote).  Rausik is a quality defensive line candidate who I hope can play as a freshman.

My point is that we need defensive players rather than another offensive player.  

Can a TE be coached into playing the DE slot?

• Upvote 1

Loading up on te's appears to me to indicate that NT is going more to a running based offense.

This makes some sense as NT should be returning a very strong group of running backs.

The wide receiver position is also projected to be very good.   

Look for a little more balanced attack next year, the split between running and passing will be dictated by which of the QB emerges as the starter. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Last year we were 53% passing and 47% rushing, so we were already pretty balance and I think the elevated passing number had more to do with playing from behind than nature of the offense

I have asked you more than once to stop it with all of these facts 🤣

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

The signee  never made sense to me to begin with. I believe both are high school tight ends were better to begin with with five years of eligibility left including redshirt year. This I believe will become a gray casualty and we're getting out ahead of the curve so we can sign someone else.

What do you mean by "gray casualty?"