Top 5.5 Passes in Mason Fine's Career

aztecskin

My most memorable, outside of the Bussey TD & 40yarder to Lawrence during The Drive was the TD to Guyton during the ‘17 UAB game... although that was probably more because of what Guyton did after the catch.

The TD to Guyton earlier in the UTSA game featuring The Drive (someone on here has a gif of it in their signature) where Fine just drops it right in between the corner that Guyton beat & the safety coming over to help... crazy accurate.

The TD he threw to Bussey in double coverage, but to a spot where only Rico could get it during the ACU game this year was awesome as well.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
added highlights
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

My most memorable, outside of the Bussey TD & 40yarder to Lawrence during The Drive was the TD to Guyton during the ‘17 UAB game... although that was probably more because of what Guyton did after the catch.

The TD to Guyton earlier in the UTSA game featuring The Drive (someone on here has a gif of it in their signature) where Fine just drops it right in between the corner that Guyton beat & the safety coming over to help... crazy accurate.

The TD he threw to Bussey in double coverage, but to a spot where only Rico could get it during the ACU game this year was awesome as well.

You Mean this one \/ ? My favorite throw of Fine for sure

• Upvote 2

Just now, golfingomez said:

with the exception of the Bussey throw on the Drive... this play has always amazed me. he throws it on 3rd and 11... 45 yards through the air, to what looks like his 3rd option, and drops it in stride for Chumley, between two defenders...

There are too many of these kinds long, accurate throws from him to say he doesn't have arm strength.   
A lot of people say that about him, and I think it's just from preconceived thoughts based on his height (small guys can't throw far).  That may be true overall, but it's certainly not true about Mason Fine.   He's not heaving it with his body, or these throws wouldn't be nearly as accurate as they are.  These are controlled, deliberate 30 - 50 yd throws.   

I expect he'll have a highlight tape dedicated to his arm strength to show NFL scouts during the draft process, because many of them will doubt his arm strength.   They are very mistaken... tape don't lie.

• Upvote 4

Fine had a throw to Lawrence in last week's game against UTEP that stood out to me.  It only got us a first down and from where I was sitting, kind of behind Fine as he threw, he had to fit it over a LB that had dropped and in front of the DB.  It was from the right hash back across the field and it was just perfect.  I turned to my son and said that nobody would remember that pass, but that is what makes him so good.  Perfect touch, drops it in and makes the difficult look easy.  

On 11/6/2019 at 11:29 AM, golfingomez said:

These are all appropriately timestamped

Haha look at you reading my mind. 

I choose based on what I thought were some momentous occasions. 

Either big winning moments or just some gutsy throws. The Darden one was that I just like him throwing to Darden all the time. 

@golfingomez wins the mythical poster of the year trophy. 

• Haha 1