Deion Hair Griffin

Eagle71

12 hours ago, Eagle71 said:

I can't get any of the stat services to verify this, but it appears to me that Deion's 44.4 yard average per kick return (10 returns for 444 yds) leads the nation for 10 returns or more. 

I think 1.2 returns per game qualify to be listed. He's sitting at 1.1

11 hours ago, untcampbell said:

My recall is he pretty much opened the season with a long kickoff return. Then it seems like he went 5 games where he wasn’t back for KO’s. But pretty much every time he gets the kick, the return is huge. What happened that he wasn’t in the games for some period up front?

Or is my memory kaput?

GMG

In the words of the late great Alberto Gonzalez "I don't recall", but it's possible that teams have been kicking away from DHG

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

We took him off KO returns when we lost Rico.  It was looking like he would play a lot more on offense.

Turns out that our freshmen WR are playing well enough and Torrey got hurt, so he is back returning kicks.

He is probably the guy I root for the most on our team.  When we were 1-11 his senior year of high school, he stuck with us the whole way.  I want him to have all the success possible.  He bleeds green.

Love this post.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, untcampbell said:

My recall is he pretty much opened the season with a long kickoff return. Then it seems like he went 5 games where he wasn’t back for KO’s. But pretty much every time he gets the kick, the return is huge. What happened that he wasn’t in the games for some period up front?

Or is my memory kaput?

GMG

It took Torrey getting hurt for him to be placed in that roll.  

Another head scratcher imo.

Rick