I will say this....crowd size...

trud1966

I'm not sure a single Homecoming game has been under 20k since we moved back to 1A, even in the darkest of years. 

HC is different, a ton of people who show don't really follow the program, and have no idea how the team  has done that year.  It's just a tradition. 

If we can pull in 20K for FAU I'll be impressed.

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I couldnt agree with you more @trud1966. I was expecting an awful crowd and a dismal tailgate scene but was pleasantly surprised. The tailgating was buzzing with a fun atmosphere. 

Did anyone see the scene at UCF Saturday?

Looks like they make everyone leave two empty seats between them and the next patron.  They're scattered all over to (sort-of) make it look fuller.

• Upvote 1

2019 per UNT 90 Grad: Official attendance = 23,548 

(23,548 may be sold, with 22,548 being actual counted)

No huge difference, but a very good following for a 3-5 G5 program.

Compare that 20K+ crowd at North Texas to what other schools are reporting as 20K+

By their metrics our attendance would be around 80,000 per game

• Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 minute ago, kj86 said:

EIYeR94X0AAGhxn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Looks like they make everyone leave two empty seats between them and the next patron.  They're scattered all over to (sort-of) make it look fuller.

I noticed that too. The picture may be from very late in the game after many fans had left.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ADLER said:

2019 per UNT 90 Grad: Official attendance = 23,548 

(23,548 may be sold, with 22,548 being actual counted)

No huge difference, but a very good following for a 3-5 G5 program.

Compare that 20K+ crowd at North Texas to what other schools are reporting as 20K+

By their metrics our attendance would be around 80,000 per game

I fat fingered attendance in the other thread and have since fixed it.  It was 22,548.  Thanks for the catch. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I fat fingered attendance in the other thread and have since fixed it.  It was 22,548.  Thanks for the catch. 

I thought it looked coincidental.

Still pretty good considering it looked like an actual count and not a contrived figure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

I thought it looked coincidental.

Still pretty good considering it looked like an actual count and not a contrived figure.

I don’t think that’s anywhere close to an actual butts in seats number. This board is really terrible at estimating crowd size at times. If we are being realistic and every human being in that stadium was put right next to each other with no empty seats, it would only fill about halfway around the stadium, if that. The crowd was lively, but very, very disappointing with regard to size. We can do better. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3

Just now, flyonthewall said:

How can "we do better'?  We are there every damn game.  All I can do is put on the best tailgate I can, and try to use every one of the 26 tickets we have.  ..I've said this before, the atmosphere has been created, there are a lot of folks hosting awesome tailgate parties before the game all around the place. The stadium experience is awesome.  It's time for the football team to help us help them.  The houston game proved that to me, then we get clobbered by southern miss.  I was shocked at the number of people that showed up Saturday.   I thought the crowd was great all things considered.   I was scared the fact that it was on NFL network would keep people at home  

And I complimented the atmosphere. But we have like 200,000 alumni living within an hour or so of the campus. That doesn’t even count our 40,000 students. So yeah, I think we can probably do better. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Homecoming crowd for 1968 --------- 18,500

The NTSU Alumni Association was celebrating its 2nd year with an increase of membership from 1,218 to 3,533 out of the 43,000 NTSU exes.

Oh, just by chance, on Saturday I ended up sitting next to a classmate that I had not seen since the spring of 1969!  What are the odds!   That's what homecoming is all about!

Homecoming 19680001.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it time to just call it on the tail section of Apogee? I like it because it’s unique, but it’s never been filled and I wonder how much better attendance would be if Apogee has never built it to begin with or just got rid of it altogether? 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2