LaTech Prediction 11/9...and go!

Philip Ferguson

I was in Ruston two years ago to see an awesome UNT victory over La Tech (spoiled Homecoming for them). Mason and Rico had some

amazing chemistry that game.  La Tech is always tough, but Mason will rise to the occasion. He did really well there and I hope he can do it again. Anyone going to the game? We were a small but loud fan base last time. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Can someone explain the spread to me?

LaTech is only favored by 5.5?

We’ve gotten more credit than we’ve deserved all season, especially after routing a doo doo team. That said, they’ve had a relatively weak schedule compared to ours and we can score with them, question is just if we can stop them. I’m not betting on it but I’m hoping for it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

We’ve gotten more credit than we’ve deserved all season, especially after routing a doo doo team. That said, they’ve had a relatively weak schedule compared to ours and we can score with them, question is just if we can stop them. I’m not betting on it but I’m hoping for it. 

I would be completely broke if I kept on betting on NT games😂

• Haha 2

Most here are picking NT to lose.
Several who are picking to win feel like they have to justify that pick with something like "I'm a homer, I can't pick NT to lose", which in a way, is an admission that they think NT will lose.

I think I speak for all of us when we beg the MEAN GREEN to prove us wrong.   Play spoilers to LATech's dream year, and throw extra gas on the rivalry with the Bulldogs.  Keep yourselves in the hunt to accomplish your goals.  Finish strong.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Most here are picking NT to lose.
Several who are picking to win feel like they have to justify that pick with something like "I'm a homer, I can't pick NT to lose", which in a way, is an admission that they think NT will lose.

I think I speak for all of us when we beg the MEAN GREEN to prove us wrong.   Play spoilers to LATech's dream year, and throw extra gas on the rivalry with the Bulldogs.  Keep yourselves in the hunt to accomplish your goals.  Finish strong.

You've been pushing this and I'm with you.  Seems to be happening naturally too, which is good.  Skip agrees too, per their recent press conference:

"This is one of those weeks that you would consider a rivalry week. This is a week that everybody has a bit more pep in their step and everyone is excited for. This is a game that traditionally both teams have had a tremendous amount of respect for each other. This game has come down to a field goal two years in a row – with them winning in our place two years ago and us being fortunate in coming away with a win over there last year. This is a game that creates a lot of energy and excitement, just when you say North Texas and Louisiana Tech because of the history, the rivalry and the competitive nature of these games when these two teams play."

"North Texas is a team that was picked to win the west. They've got pretty much everybody back from last year, especially on the offensive side of the ball. They've got an awful lot of weapons. We know it's going to be an unbelievable challenge for us as a football team. It starts with the numbers they're putting up on offense. They're video game numbers and it starts with Mason Fine. He's competitive, tough, accurate and fun to watch play. I enjoy watching him play and have great respect for him. I have great respect for Coach Littrell and the job he's done with this program. I think there's a lot of mutual respect between our two programs. I'm very excited about this game."

https://latechsports.com/news/2019/11/5/la-tech-weekly-football-press-conference-transcript-nov-5.aspx

Some may say he's just peeing on our leg, but I don't think he says those kinds of things every week.  Would be great if we can continue to compete with them and build on what's stoking. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

A win here will keep us in contention of the conference championship. So going on must win games but will once again embarrass us. They have a good defense, the D-line  is big and fast. 

My Heart

Mean Green: 38

puppies of the swamp: 31

My Head

La Tech: 42

let you down green men: 24

mic drop GIF by Malaea

15 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

There's nothing in this coaching staff's past performance in this type of match up that would suggest we have a chance on Saturday.

You're looking at Seth's "Big Game" performance.  If you look at the LaTech games specifically, the last two games have demonstrated that anything can happen.

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

You're looking at Seth's "Big Game" performance.  If you look at the LaTech games specifically, the last two games have demonstrated that anything can happen.

I'm also looking at games where Littrell doesn't have an obvious talent advantage. Plus....we're still technically in the conference race so it is a big game. This is the biggest game of the season so far. 

On a spectrum of FAU a few years ago to winning this game, I expect us to lean more toward FAU. La Tech is more talented than we are. And when we play a team that is more talented (that isn't an absolute train wreck see Arkansas) not only does Littrell NEVER win those...he gets destroyed. 

If he doesn't this game....it will be a first.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Here's a simple (and fairly obvious) way of putting it:

Our offense is good, but it isn't as consistently good as our defense is consistently bad. 

Thus, pick whatever score total you think we are capable of reaching against a strong, complete team like Louisiana Tech (maybe mid-30s to low-40s at best), and then keep in mind that even if we get to that amount, LT will be able to pretty much name whatever point total they need to reach against us to comfortably coast to a 3-4 score win.