LaTech Prediction 11/9...and go!

Philip Ferguson

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

La Tech is not near as good as their record.  Unfortunately, NT is. 

Homer pick, NT's defense improves just enough for NT to win in a shoot-out.

Fine continues to set records. 

NT 42 La Tech 38

This may not be Tech's best team in decades but it is still a pretty strong team, easily capable of winning CUSA West and hosting the CUSA Championship Game. Their only loss was to Texas and they put up a pretty good fight even in that game. 

North Texas has shown to be consistently inconsistent. Injured star performers, horrifically low gain average on first down, and a defense that well...let's not go there.

Tech has the ability to get an early lead and ride a 2 or three score margin to victory. This will likely be the most boring game of the season for both teams.

La Tech :  42

North Texas :  a couple touchdowns less

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

This may not be Tech's best team in decades but it is still a pretty strong team, easily capable of winning CUSA West and hosting the CUSA Championship Game. Their only loss was to Texas and they put up a pretty good fight even in that game. 

North Texas has shown to be consistently inconsistent. Injured star performers, horrifically low gain average on first down, and a defense that well...let's not go there.

Tech has the ability to get an early lead and ride a 2 or three score margin to victory. This will likely be the most boring game of the season for both teams.

Just saying that La Tech's record is deceptive

Their best victory is over USM in Ruston.  They had to go to ot to beat Rice and their win over UTEP was similar to NT's.

I am basing my prediction on NT playing much better and La Tech being overconfident and Fine finding a way to win. 

• Upvote 2

UTEP seemed like the first game, that it felt like the OC said, "ok, maybe we just dont have great pass blocking, so we should design plays around that..." As in get rid of the ball quicker, quick slants, just own the fact that we dont have the time for a long pass play to develop...

We CAN beat LaTECH...But we're gonna have to have 36 points on the board by halftime. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Im probably nuts but for some reason I have a good feeling about us this weekend and we make this a tight game and maybe pull one off. La Tech screwed us last year and its our turn to return the favor. We won the last time we were in Ruston so rinse and repeat

They absolutely burst our bubble last year and things have not been quite the same since. I want our team to return the favor. Badly. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Mean Green Fan4Life said:

UNT 69

LaTech 49

A shootout develops with a Mean Green offensive explosion in the second half to pull away for the win.  During the after game press conference, SL remarks “Who needs a defense,  if you can score 69!”

someone ii GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

They absolutely burst our bubble last year and things have not been quite the same since. I want our team to return the favor. Badly. 

If the team can get fired up to play spoiler to LATech, that's great.  They'll still have the tiebreaker over USM due to the head-to-head win, so they'd have to lose another game, which would then put them at tied with us, and since we'd have the head-to-head, they would fall all the way to 3rd.

16 hours ago, trud1966 said:

UTEP seemed like the first game, that it felt like the OC said, "ok, maybe we just dont have great pass blocking, so we should design plays around that..." As in get rid of the ball quicker, quick slants, just own the fact that we dont have the time for a long pass play to develop...

We CAN beat LaTECH...But we're gonna have to have 36 points on the board by halftime. 

That's exactly what I thought.  I had been waiting all season to see play calling that actually complemented our passing game rather than trying to force it to overcome its own weaknesses.  

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Who am I to get the signal from to release that black cat on the field again, Reeder or SL?  Seemed to work well last night.

Rick

Being in northern LA, I would just spray paint a raccoon black and be done with it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/4/2019 at 10:28 AM, ADLER said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in putting up a fight against Texas. Texas is continually overrated year after year only to get "upset" by actually good teams. KU would have beat them had it not been for a buzzer beating field goal by Dicker the Kicker. Had the stars aligned, they could very likely have been looking at 3 straight losses going into K-State this weekend which has all the firepower to hand them yet another L. 

Back to the topic. While the 'Dawgs schedule is as cupcake as you'll find, I still think that team is as good as advertised. I just don't see us matching up toe to toe with them. Hope I'm wrong. 

• Upvote 1