Conference Standings IF Win Over LaTech

Philip Ferguson

No.  We'd need La Tech to then either lose @ Marshall or @ UAB.  We could really use UAB beating USM. That way USM is out of the picture with a loss vs. WKU or @ FAU.  Of course that being under the hypothetical that we win out.

I believe our simplest path to the championship game is:

1) NT wins out

2) UAB wins out (other than against NT, obviously).

OR

UAB Loses to La Tech but La Tech loses at Marshall.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

No.  We'd need La Tech to then either lose @ Marshall or @ UAB.  We could really use UAB beating USM. That way USM is out of the picture with a loss vs. WKU or @ FAU.  Of course that being under the hypothetical that we win out.

I believe our simplest path to the championship game is:

1) NT wins out

2) UAB wins out (other than against NT, obviously).

OR

UAB Loses to La Tech but La Tech loses at Marshall.

Thanks.  I thought with a win over LaTech, and they beat USM, then that would put is in a great spot.  If it happens, the UAB game is (another) biggie.  I guess every game is a biggie.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Thanks.  I thought with a win over LaTech, and they beat USM, then that would put is in a great spot.  If it happens, the UAB game is (another) biggie.  I guess every game is a biggie.

Every game is a must win. We would need some miracles to get the championship, and a even bigger miracle to host it

10 hours ago, greenminer said:

depends on what other options the bowl has.

I think the Frisco Bowl would be very very happy to bring NT in ($$$$$$).  
Unfortunately, we'd be looking at facing a team like Tulane, and that's not going to end well for NT.

I'm thinking Frisco will be the likely landing spot if we can get bowl eligible.  Otherwise, it's gonna be Hawaii against the home team, which would suck for us fans, but would be a blast for the players, and a very exciting offensive game with the combined score possibly topping 100pts.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think the Frisco Bowl would be very very happy to bring NT in ($$$$$$).  
Unfortunately, we'd be looking at facing a team like Tulane, and that's not going to end well for NT.

I'm thinking Frisco will be the likely landing spot if we can get bowl eligible.  Otherwise, it's gonna be Hawaii against the home team, which would suck for us fans, but would be a blast for the players, and a very exciting offensive game with the combined score possibly topping 100pts.

Tulane would destroy us.  Sad to say that but it’s the truth.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

24 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Uh, just from this picture (not sure if these standings are correct), we'd still be behind LA Tech even if we win Saturday..

I wasn't sure if they use winning percentage, or number of wins.  If we win and go 4-2, with a win over LaTech, does that put us over them?  I realize we need UAB to beat USM and then we need to beat UAB.  There's a lot of moving parts and that's usually not a good thing but who the hell knows.  GMG

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Philip Ferguson said:

I wasn't sure if they use winning percentage, or number of wins.  If we win and go 4-2, with a win over LaTech, does that put us over them?  I realize we need UAB to beat USM and then we need to beat UAB.  There's a lot of moving parts and that's usually not a good thing but who the hell knows.  GMG

We don’t HAVE to have UAB beat USM but it would be incredibly helpful. 

On a related note, Charlotte is 4&5 with Marshall, UTEP and ODU left to play.Both UTEP and ODU have won a single game this season against 1AA opponents. The 49ers should be bowl eligible with a 6&6 record, as will W.K.If we beat Rice and UAB we also will be 6&6, and CUSA will have by my count 8 bowl eligible teams, three of which have only 6 wins. [yes, I counted La. Tech as a loss].Their may be two many pigs and not enough teats for 6 win CUSA teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1