Adaway looks legit

Harry

42 yards on 4 carries against UTEP and I like his size in short yardage.  I think we are in pretty good shape on O at the skill position just need immediate help on the line.  Defense is another story altogether.

Here's the box score in case you missed it:  https://meangreensports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=4252

1 hour ago, SigmaGreen said:

Maybe we have held him and Gaddie back just for these last few games to preserve the redshirt and put even extra ball players out there that these teams aren’t familiar with? -not likely, just spitballing 

Gaddie’s redshirt is burned. Adaway has to play in 4 more games to burn his redshirt.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Harry said:

42 yards on 4 carries against UTEP and I like his size in short yardage.  I think we are in pretty good shape on O at the skill position just need immediate help on the line.  Defense is another story altogether.

Here's the box score in case you missed it:  https://meangreensports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=4252

I can’t believe he’s a Freshman, our RB crew is going to be really nice next year. 

Edited by MeanGreenWarDaddy

6 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

I didn’t realize that Gaddie had burned his redshirt. 

For two tackles and a blocked punt, I’m guessing all on special teams?

Considering we may be going to ruston short one DB....I would be curious to know how many snaps he’s had at Corner to prepare for if we ever need him?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

12 hours ago, Harry said:

I agree about Adaway and the offense. My concerns about the D are tempered. Yes, we lose Hamilton, Robinson, Muhammad and Harvey from our starting eleven. Honestly, and no disrespect to any of them, but I think we are stacked at the DB position with Gaddie, D Morris, A Morris, Gibbs, Crosby, Murray, Johnson and Sanders at DB. We return the Davises at LB along with Woods, Nixon, Ozougwu, the Murphy twins, Hunt, Jacobson, etc... at LB. We return LeBlanc, Colvin,  Novil, Frow, Walker, and Dotson.  We need a couple of playmakers to either step up or show up from the JUCO/transfer ranks along the DL and I think we will be stronger at other places next year as opposed to this year because of experience and athletic ability. For instance, if Jevon Murray steps up and plays like he did in HS, he will be a stud at S along with A Morris.  The scheme is my concern. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Marty said:

was listening to Hank and Dave on the radio broadcast, Hank said the GA's, the equipment managers and the trainers have been raving about Addaway all year.

I saw him in the spring (December HS grad and transfer) and he looked pretty good. I thought he was about a year away.  He's obviously gained a lot of confidence since the spring.

12 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

For two tackles and a blocked punt, I’m guessing all on special teams?

Considering we may be going to ruston short one DB....I would be curious to know how many snaps he’s had at Corner to prepare for if we ever need him?

Rick

Yes he plays on the punt team for sure.  He has been in at DB a bit, has been 2nd team CB most or all of the year.

Adaway doesn't look legit. He is legit. He's a bruiser that runs hard and is not afraid of contact. He split carries with another good RB in Little Rock so his HS numbers never really popped off the page, but he was a man among boys when he was running the ball in HS. He was just more physically developed than the people around him and he didn't play small time HS football. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/3/2019 at 7:34 PM, Marty said:

was listening to Hank and Dave on the radio broadcast, Hank said the GA's, the equipment managers and the trainers have been raving about Addaway all year.

I kept up with the fourth quarter on the broadcast as well and heard their same words. Was really rooting for him to break free for a score in the last minute of the game.

• Upvote 1