Jaelon Darden: Stud

UNTLifer

11 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We have to find ways to get Darden the ball outside of just pass plays.  Jet sweeps, reverses, etc....

For those of you asking for wildcat packages, he’s your guy.

And don't forget that Darden was a high school quarterback. Not only is he going to keep getting better as a receiver, but he's also a threat to throw the ball from those "Jet sweeps, reverses, etc....".

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

This offense is getting me hyped for next year! so many good pieces and recruits! The D is gonna take a big hit again, but the offense next year is gonna be fun to watch

on the bright side, I guess, when Harvey went out I saw no drop off in the guy behind him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

Are we sure Bussey comes back next year? I’m not saying he leaves for another college team but maybe he rehabs hard and gets back in time for a great pro day? I think Clinton Portis did something similar after his knee injury in the National Championship. 

I really think if he was planning on coming back then he’d be spending his Saturdays on the sidelines with his team rather than roaming the concourses with coeds.  I wish he was coming back, but doesn’t look like it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This young man is just awesome to watch. His two TD catches were brilliant and he made them look so easy The move he put on the defender for his first TD was beautiful. That poor DB is still looking for his jock strap. The second one was such a difficult catch to make and he made it look routine. He has really stepped up in Bussey’s absence. 

I've always been impressed with Darden., But I will be even more impressed with him if he does the same thing to a DB with LaTech. 

20 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

Are we sure Bussey comes back next year? I’m not saying he leaves for another college team but maybe he rehabs hard and gets back in time for a great pro day? I think Clinton Portis did something similar after his knee injury in the National Championship. 

Oklahoma State looked like they'd have a spot with Tylan Wallace leaving early for the NFL. Wallace tore his ACL last week in practice and will have surgery and now likely return to OSU for next season.