Get to Ruston

UNT 90 Grad

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It’s a little more that 4 hours from Denton to Ruston.  Kick time on Saturday is 3pm.  Hit the toad at around 10:30 am, cheer on our Mean Green, back home by 11pm.  

giphy.gif

See you there.  #beatlatech

https://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FBA&linkID=m-unt-athletics&shopperContext=&caller=appList&appCode=

How about from San Antonio.

• Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1) La Tech wasn’t supposed to beat us in Denton last year. No reason we can’t return the favor. 

2) If we win this game we are squarely back in the hunt for the CUSA West. La Tech still has @ Marshall and @ UAB. Southern Miss still has UAB, WKU and @ FAU. 

3) It’s a very, very easy there and back trip. If you must make it an overnight trip, Shreveport is right there. There’s no excuse for us not to have 1,000 people there. 

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

1) La Tech wasn’t supposed to beat us in Denton last year. No reason we can’t return the favor. 

2) If we win this game we are squarely back in the hunt for the CUSA West. La Tech still has @ Marshall and @ UAB. Southern Miss still has UAB, WKU and @ FAU. 

3) It’s a very, very easy there and back trip. If you must make it an overnight trip, Shreveport is right there. There’s no excuse for us not to have 1,000 people there. 

Winning at LT just makes the loss to Char that much worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

For any of you guys making the trip, take a detour on your way back and go to Joseph’s Riverport BBQ in Jefferson, Texas. It’s about 15 miles north of I-20, and a great hidden gem. The owner is a friend and he went to UNT. They are a regular on the Texas Monthly Top 50 BBQ places.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

I'll be there... But I confess that part of it is just because Marriott put the cut off on cancelling the hotel room before the Charlotte game.  Lived in Louisiana for awhile, there's very little redeeming about it. Was hoping our football play would be the bright spot.

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

For any of you guys making the trip, take a detour on your way back and go to Joseph’s Riverport BBQ in Jefferson, Texas. It’s about 15 miles north of I-20, and a great hidden gem. The owner is a friend and he went to UNT. They are a regular on the Texas Monthly Top 50 BBQ places.

Thank for this recommendation... Glad to see they're open on Sunday.  I'll definitely stop on the way back!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Silver and I hit this place after we beat them in ‘17.

The Dawg House.  

https://www.dawghousesportsgrill.com/

Great food and drinks.

Rick

YES!!! We went there too, and it was really good. Had some salty LT fans greet me on the way in

7 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

excited lets go GIF