Alvin “KENWORTH” y:....aka Diesel

FirefightnRick

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Damn....do we have the baddest, head-hunting punter in the land?  He had a head of steam and a bead on that guy and trucked his ass. Then got up pissed and walked off.

I freakin loved it.

Rick

And THAT, is how you play defense!

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He shanked that punt pretty bad.   You can tell the coverage was set up to go left, but the punt came off his foot wobbly & slightly to the right side of the field.  

Thankfully, he recognized it and got down the field to make the play!  One of the few times I stood up to clap.

I saw that as well. He covered for his own mistake. Heck of a play and really pumped up the team. We were sitting in 209 and my son said, “Did you hear that hit!”  Love it. That hit and the one on our first kickoff when we forced the fumble. Never caught who caused that but they knocked the shingles off of the UTEP returner. 

14 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Damn....do we have the baddest, head-hunting punter in the land?  He had a head of steam and a bead on that guy and trucked his ass. Then got up pissed and walked off.

I freakin loved it.

Rick

Word to the wise....don't F with our Punter.....

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I saw that as well. He covered for his own mistake. Heck of a play and really pumped up the team. We were sitting in 209 and my son said, “Did you hear that hit!”  Love it. That hit and the one on our first kickoff when we forced the fumble. Never caught who caused that but they knocked the shingles off of the UTEP returner. 

I don't think the hit caused the fumble on the kickoff.  I haven't seen a replay other than what they showed right after on the video board, but it looked like the ball was coming out before any contact was even made.  Looked like he lost a handle on the ball and then got rocked before he could regain it.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He shanked that punt pretty bad.   You can tell the coverage was set up to go left, but the punt came off his foot wobbly & slightly to the right side of the field.  

Thankfully, he recognized it and got down the field to make the play!  One of the few times I stood up to clap.

So your saying he used his anger as tackling fuel? Old school Bobby Boucher tactics, I love it.

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2019 at 11:28 AM, Mean Green Matt said:

I don't think the hit caused the fumble on the kickoff.  I haven't seen a replay other than what they showed right after on the video board, but it looked like the ball was coming out before any contact was even made.  Looked like he lost a handle on the ball and then got rocked before he could regain it.

Matt’s correct. This play happened somewhat in front of our section (110/210) and the ball looked loose before the hit occurred - From what we could see. Logistics aside, putting 14 points up on that scoreboard in the first 29 seconds of the game was great.

8 hours ago, Jessica M Hall said:

Matt’s correct. This play happened somewhat in front of our section (110/210) and the ball looked loose before the hit occurred - From what we could see. Logistics aside, putting 14 points up on that scoreboard in the first 29 seconds of the game was great.

Yep, saw the play on the Tuesday Beyond the Green episode and the ball was out before he got "trucked," as my son called it.

• Haha 1