Perfect Weather for Bonfire, Parade & Homecoming Football

ADLER

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Didn’t age well. 

23,548 tickets sold and an exceptionally large crowd for what was a 3-5 G5 team. This was accomplished without the huge ticket giveaways practiced by other schools.

There are very few G5 schools that have this strong of a following.

Attendance will probably dip considerably for the Saturday game after Thanksgiving like it does for almost all G5 schools hosting that weekend. Walk-up buying will be nil. Other than continue winning (which is a Goal, NOT a Plan, sad that this needs to be explained to some people), what can be done to entice students to come back for the UAB game? Food? Beer? Entertainment? All of the above?

One of my favorite promotions for games like these is Free Matching Tickets mailed to every season ticket holder. These still count towards paid attendance because they are making the purchase bundle at 50% discount (under 50% pricing doesn't count towards paid attendance).Our season ticket holders are the people that believe most strongly in the value of our product and therefore are our best salespeople, especially when they are are able to recruit friends and potential future ticket buyers. 

This little prize in the Cracker Jacks would be a nice reward for the loyal customers, and if nothing else, it boosts the 'tickets sold' figure.

If done, just make sure the tickets are Mailed, or Emailed to all season ticket holders. The Pick-Up at Will Call was tried several years ago with disastrous results. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Saturday was one of the best tailgating turn-outs I've ever seen.  I was very pleasantly surprised by both the tailgating and the game attendance.  I agree with Adler that we have one of the best followings in G5.

Kudos to all involved in coordinating HC activities.  Great atmosphere, great weather, great bonfire, great game, cold beer.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1