It's kinda sad

emmitt01

I only knew it was Homecoming because I planned months in advance to be coming in this weekend. I even recently asked my girlfriend if we really wanted to go because we could have just as easily canceled and gone to the KU - K-State game instead. It is sad that KU football brings me more joy than my own school this season but here we are. Literally only decided to follow through with the plans because we want to be back in Denton and have some family and friends that are UTEP fans that we will go with. We also decided that we can leave anytime we want and just go hang out in Dallas so we already have back -up plans at the ready. Happy Homecoming 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I only knew it was Homecoming because I planned months in advance to be coming in this weekend. I even recently asked my girlfriend if we really wanted to go because we could have just as easily canceled and gone to the KU - K-State game instead. It is sad that KU football brings me more joy than my own school this season but here we are. Literally only decided to follow through with the plans because we want to be back in Denton and have some family and friends that are UTEP fans that we will go with. We also decided that we can leave anytime we want and just go hang out in Dallas so we already have back -up plans at the ready. Happy Homecoming 

You’ve probably been there but if you need a really nice place to accommodate family & friends to eat pre or post game I recommend Lone Star Burger on the south side of the square next to Beth Marie’s.

Youll need to get there early or there will be a wait.  But we’ll worth it.  Did this back for the Houston game with one of my roommates and his wife who came in from Seattle to see another disaster.( Their last game was Portland State🤮).

Rick 

• Upvote 1

I am driving in tomorrow and looking forward to it. My youngest still wants to come, see the bonfire if we get in town early enough, do the parade, lunch at Denton Co Hamburger and the game. Even though this year didn’t meet expectations, I am looking forward to being there. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

You’ve probably been there but if you need a really nice place to accommodate family & friends to eat pre or post game I recommend Lone Star Burger on the south side of the square next to Beth Marie’s.

Youll need to get there early or there will be a wait.  But we’ll worth it.  Did this back for the Houston game with one of my roommates and his wife who came in from Seattle to see another disaster.( Their last game was Portland State🤮).

Rick 

He is not allowed back for Football games!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

What is really sad I thought we were really starting to build something here.  The team was winning the fans were showing up and it was great to be green again.   To bad the defense did not show up this season.

Remember last year how everyone threw at Cam and this year they found a better person to pick on?  I thought Harvey would have become better just because of the practice he has gotten during the season.

• Upvote 1

If we have learned anything this year, it just goes to show how much winning against schools people care about matters. Just to have non-embarrassing attendance, you have to give people a reason to want to care and in DFW, it’s all about winning against someone people care about. It doesn’t matter what sport it is, this is a big time winner’s town. We don’t play many game against teams people care about because of conference affiliation, so even though UTEP has a decent fanbase, and this is Homecoming on what appears to be a great weather day, we probably don’t get to 19k in announces attendance. To outsiders, they don’t get it—a school with 38k enrollment, in a town with over 100k citizens, with 300k local alumni, and a metroplex with millions of people—how can you be at a game with less than 15k in real attendance against ANYONE? And the answer is all above. It’s even more than apathy/loathing of athletics by a strong majority of students and alumni. It’s even more than the local citizenry not supporting the school’s athletics. If you win, especially against teams people know and care about (IOW, P5s, SMU, UH, Army, a few CUSA schools like Rice, LT, Southern Miss, and even UTSA), this gets Apogee over 22k easily. If you don’t, then a spare CUSA team gets you very little interest. SMU has seen it for decades and TCU saw it before they moved to the MWC and started winning big time. It is what it is.

• Haha 1
  • Ray 1