Homecoming Unis

UNT 90 Grad

I’m just going to leave this here for everyone who says Black is not a school color ... It actually is technically a school color noted on the website (though the grey is not officially noted). Sorry ... 😬 

I have wanted to see more Black uni combos this year and was hoping for the icy whites in Ruston - because why waste those on Rice? - But, instead, we get more grey. They must really like those unis for whatever reason ... 🤷‍♀️ 

2806CAE3-D58E-48B6-A33C-82ABC82C0441.png

4664CCAB-0D27-4E73-AF8D-8D7BCBF729D6.png

• Upvote 1

Yes, we have seen that black addition and I would like to know how this happened. My guess is that some staffer took it upon themselves to add black without any mandate from the students.  

Does anyone know the story here?

On the UNT website under traditions, this is what it says: (I think they mean to say, "We are the Mean Green")

Green and White

One of the earliest official references to our school colors of green and white appears in the 1907 Yucca yearbook, although a former student recalled that they were selected in 1902-03 when someone suggested Mother Nature would be kind to those using her colors. Today, green is a way of life at UNT, where our sustainability programs and environmental research have brought us national recognition. We Mean Green!

Edited by letsgiveacheer
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jessica M Hall said:

I’m just going to leave this here for everyone who says Black is not a school color ... It actually is technically a school color noted on the website (though the grey is not officially noted). Sorry ... 😬 

I have wanted to see more Black uni combos this year and was hoping for the icy whites in Ruston - because why waste those on Rice? - But, instead, we get more grey. They must really like those unis for whatever reason ... 🤷‍♀️ 

2806CAE3-D58E-48B6-A33C-82ABC82C0441.png

4664CCAB-0D27-4E73-AF8D-8D7BCBF729D6.png

And no gray.