DRC: Reffett sees issues across the board for UNT's defense

Brett Vito

I am fully ready to blame one Sethford "grumbles" Littrell for all of this teams issues. I have had the sense that he was the hyperconservative force stifling the Offense in close games the last few years, based on what i saw from his play calling at UNC. That was confirmed after hiring Reeder, whose offenses in the past look way different from what we've seen... Now an attack minded DC is saying he changed to sitting back after the best defensive effort of the season reeks of Seth made me do it. Littrell is an air raid guy but he is a closeted Paterno acolyte or something... uber conservative in his schemes and plays relative to other air raid type schemes, depending on superior atheletes he doesnt actually have rather than getting the ball into space in creative ways like other guys do. CUSA figured out our offense last season and there doesnt seem to have been much adjustment. What I hope will happen next year is that Seth takes the next step i've heard many successful coaches report, which is to allow innovative people to innovate and focus on creating an environment condussive to success without overmanaging folks. Coaches who could be wildly successful in that mold will die off with Nick Saban. Go the Dabo route Seth or emwatch your head coaching career crumble like most people before you. 

Way more than my two cents. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1