#GoOutSwinging

Philip Ferguson

37 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

It's hard not to feel for MF given the circumstances, and he's a class act all the way.  I like his attitude - #GoOutSwinging

Wow.   
That's not the same guy I'm used to seeing during these pressers.  He's usually very upbeat & positive, even after losses.  He just looks/sounds defeated... for the first time.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wow.   
That's not the same guy I'm used to seeing during these pressers.  He's usually very upbeat & positive, even after losses.  He just looks/sounds defeated... for the first time.

It was hard to hear, but I bet it was mostly a reaction to stupid questions.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wow.   

He's gotten the shit beaten out of him all year, and really, his whole career here. That's almost 4 years of being hammered into the ground that has finally taken its toll on the poor guy. He deserved better...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, keith said:

It was hard to hear, but I bet it was mostly a reaction to stupid questions.

He seemed very tired, and that's probably because he just came out of practice. At the same time, he is probably tired of getting hit 20 times a game. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

He seemed very tired, and that's probably because he just came out of practice. At the same time, he is probably tired of getting hit 20 times a game. 

Sure, but we’ve seen him after practice & after games several times.   Normally, you put a mic in front of him & you get a chipper guy that loves football excitedly regurgitating coach speak...  Even after devastating losses.

Not today though.

• Upvote 3

In this day and age of protecting the QB, it just appears to me that our opponents never get called for roughing.  Half of the hits he takes are after he releases the ball and are borderline.  An example from the Charlotte game was the TD pass to Darden.  You can't tell me that defender couldn't have let up seeing that he had released the ball.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

He did just throw for almost 400 yards and 5 touchdowns with no interceptions and his team lost so I would be defeated too if you did everything possible to win the game and your defense $h!t the bed

Giovanni Vizza —> Mason Fine:   Pshh, hold my beer...

November 10, 2007
Navy defeats North Texas at Fouts Field 74-62
Vizza throws for 478 yards and 8 touchdowns in the loss.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Sure, but we’ve seen him after practice & after games several times.   Normally, you put a mic in front of him & you get a chipper guy that loves football excitedly regurgitating coach speak...  Even after devastating losses.

Not today though.

The most candid and real talk I’ve heard from anyone on the team since SL took over. 

8 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Giovanni Vizza —> Mason Fine:   Pshh, hold my beer...

November 10, 2007
Navy defeats North Texas at Fouts Field 74-62
Vizza throws for 478 yards and 8 touchdowns in the loss.

Vizza threw two interceptions, both in the 2nd half. 

Mason didnt turn the ball over helping the other team which Vizza was notorious for (20 INT's in 2007).

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wow.   

I can't blame him. 🙁