The New DC

TheReal_jayD

9 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I want experience as a DC and possibly HC as well. 

Agreed. Someone said it in another thread and I'm slowly coming around to the idea but Frank Wilson was brought up as a good candidate. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

because if he's not.....then Seth Littrell is not ready to lead a program and he will need to be next.

I'm not ready to say that about Littrell yet....

That’s not really an answer. I’m sure Littrell understands that his actions have consequences including his win-loss record and staff choices. My question is, how does @TheReal_jayD know Ref is gone after the season.

13 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

That’s not really an answer. I’m sure Littrell understands that his actions have consequences including his win-loss record and staff choices. My question is, how does @TheReal_jayD know Ref is gone after the season.

I know you’re asking if he has ACTUAL knowledge of a coaching change but my point was it’s an absolute guarantee he’ll be gone. He can’t come back. Everything around this program says “we’re growing.” If we did all that and didn’t address coaching deficiencies then we’re not serious. I think we’re serious. There’s no way Reffett comes back next year because he can’t. He’s not good enough to be here in this program  

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Agreed. Someone said it in another thread and I'm slowly coming around to the idea but Frank Wilson was brought up as a good candidate. 

Surely the Frank Wilson name was brought up as a joke. He was a rb coach before head coach. I believe he has never served on defensive side of the ball.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GBarksdale said:

It's not going to matter if we don't have the talent we need on D.

Next year is going to be an integral year for the development of our future defense. We will have a lot of young talent between the 2018 through 2020 classes, particularly at linebacker and in the secondary. Implementing a defense with a good d coordinator and getting them could lead to a really solid defense when those players start to make up the upperclassmen of our defense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1