SMU ABC Primetime this week

Big Z

Just now, UNTexas said:

Why does anyone here care about SMU? I don't unless we are playing them. I see it as a bigger problem that we could be 8-0 and wouldn't make the top 20 because of our conference. 

I'll be happy for a bowl this year.

Agreed, the fact there are two SMU threads on the first page of a gomeangreen.com forum is alarming. Thinking SMU sucks when they destroyed us is really a slap in the face to the UNT team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

One thing that I just don’t get. I’ve heard Herbstreet refer to it tonight.  People talk about the early 80s with such warm feelings. Herbstreet talked about the “good ol days” 

It’s what led to their death. I don’t understand anyone that can look at the period of biggest cheating in college football history with such warm memories. It should be embarrassing.  Even some SMU fans wear it as a badge of honor because they won then. I don’t get it. 

• Upvote 4

I say good on them.  So we lost to SMUt, now we know what we need to do to improve.  Shame on us if we don’t.  Good G5 press is good for G5 schools.  Just need to do our part and win.  It was all in front of us and we let it slip away.  Learn from it and get better.  Have fun and wear a T-Rex costume to work on Monday. 

Go Mean Green

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Yes, if nothing else because of Mason

Writing off next week.  If we win, great!  If we lose, oh well.

From there, if we don’t crap the bed in Houston, we should take care of UAB at home on SR Day.   We should be at 6-6, and you’re absolutely right.  When bottom-rung Bowl games are left scouring the 6-6 teams to fill their games, there’s no possible way they can pass on Fine.  6-6 will get NT to a bowl.  I just hope we don’t hit a buzzsaw for the 3rd year in a row & can actually WIN this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1