SMU ABC Primetime this week

Big Z

ESPN Game Day will be there as well. It will be interesting, to see how SMU handles their 1st show under the big lights, on the Big Time stage. Not sure, how they will deal with the pressure of being the Hunted. Watching the game against Houston, announcers said their big play receiver Reggie Roberson, was on crutches. That could be why SMU is a 4 point underdog. What a good win for the frogs, their freshman qb, is slowly improving. Herman looked like he was going to cry.

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8

And it keeps on getting awesomer...

Can this season end already, please? Last time I felt like this was 2005. We went into that year as 4x SBC Champs, had the two previous rushing champions, and a schedule that would tell us a lot because we were playing Tulsa and La Tech in OOC. We then went on to lose to Tulsa at home in a barn-burner, 54-2. And the season fell apart as we won all of 2 games. We never recovered from that bomb of a season for the next 8 years. I'm trying to optimistic that the same thing will not happen here next year, since our recruiting classes have picked up. But SL and crew better develop these kids into something other than Dodge 2.0 or we will enter into another time frame of suckitude. These lines are woefully sad for our level of play--hell even FCS, since ACU raked up big time yards on us in the first game. 

And another note on recruiting--SL and crew have shown in these last two classes that they may have finally broken thru with TX HS Coaches and recruits' parents. If this thing slides backwards, its not real hard to imagine going back to the days of being ranked 100+ in recruiting rankings again. SL knows that his next two years better turn into something positive or the dreams of that P5 gig he covets is going to vanish away faster than a fart in the wind. After his second year, he applied to Tennessee and last year was K-State's hire if he had agreed to their terms. That's out the window now--and people will want to see if he can replace his lightning-in-a-bottle QB he found in podunk Oklahoma because of his ties up there. Again, I'm hopeful he can--but that confidence is waning considerably.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

just amazing in the swing from last year to this year for SMU.  They did everything right to win.  However, I think they may have pissed off some HS coaches by pulling scholarship away from their players for the transfers.  I hope someone in our ranks is looking at some defensive players that can help us and some help on the O-line would not be bad.  Two years ago we crushed them at Apogee and year later they crushed us that is a big swing. Not a big fan of SMU but good for them on finding away to win.  

Think their is DC on the portal?

• Upvote 1

Us graduating players has never really been an issue, and, to be honest, I fully expect players who were able to graduate in three years from schools like Texas, Rice, Illinois, and UCLA to be able to handle the course load expected of them.  

We fully expect the DC, Kane, to have a P5 job offer after this season, but we expect to have 15-18 starters back for next season. 

26 minutes ago, BigT3x said:

You've never sold out your stadium that seats less than SMU's with an enrollment multiple times higher than SMU's.

SMU was ranked #19 at the last home game against Temple and there was still barely 23,000 people there. We had over 30,000 at the Houston game to watch a 2-2 team that had gotten off to a disappointing start. To me that says alot...

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1