Kade Renfro

MeanGreen2019

Man, Kade is not going to like going to any other school (outside of maybe SMU) instead then, because our fans are some of the most tame, laid back groups there are.

I agree with the skepticism on who the “fan” is as well because the recruiting game is cutthroat, and people do dumb things to try & change these guys’ minds.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Twitter. I was talking about Renfro and how good he is, and this guy says he’s not worth it and other stuff. 
His mom and a few others jumped in 

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Link?

Neverimind.  I think I found it on my own.  Is this it?  I'm betting so.  Looks like you may have embellished a bit on what the guy said.  I haven't found anywhere where the guy said "he's not worth it".   Looks like he's more bent out of shape at the thought that he might not respect his verbal commitment when you read the subsequent tweets.  You are right about Renfro's mom getting upset about the use of the term "showboat", however.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Renfro has gone way above and beyond as a commit with things he’s posted on Twitter about leaving a legacy here, and hanging out with other commits.  Very much looking forward to seeing Kade in Mean Green uniform. Hopefully some of real fans on Twitter expressed something to that effect. 

We did

• Upvote 2

Kade seems like a quality young man and I would be proud to have him as a fellow alumni.  But let me get this straight.  This young man is a 2 star prospect?   Why is any 2 star prospect garnering this much attention  from some yahoo with twitter muscles?   Give me a break.  Sad that this non-story got run here on gomeangreen.com

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Mike Jackson said:

Kade seems like a quality young man and I would be proud to have him as a fellow alumni.  But let me get this straight.  This young man is a 2 star prospect?   Why is any 2 star prospect garnering this much attention  from some yahoo with twitter muscles?   Give me a break.  Sad that this non-story got run here on gomeangreen.com

A.  Schools don't go by 24/7 ratings when they choose whom to offer.

B.  He's a solid 3-star, not 2-star.

30 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

A.  Schools don't go by 24/7 ratings when they choose whom to offer.

B.  He's a solid 3-star, not 2-star.

B. He's a solid 3-star?  According to who?  And even if he is a solid 3-star how many 3-stars completely flamed out and other G5 programs?  Wake me up and post when we are talking about a 4-star with offer from at least middle of the road P5 programs.  With that said what did Alec Morris do here after being highly touted state champion and Alabama commit?   Still this is a non-story and I am disappointed that it happened and it ended up here on gomeangreen.com.  Stressing out about some fool on twitter trolling a 2 or 3-star commit.  That is for FCS programs.  

More concerned about do we have a coach that will give him the best opportunity to live up to his full potential.   Or will we have a defense that ensures that if  Renfro and the offense put up 38 points and take a 14 point lead into the 4th quarter we win the game more than 80% of the time.   In four years I haven't seen that.  When I do see that then I might be concern over a twitter trolling incident of a 2 or 3 star QB commit. 

Until we start winning conference championship or have multiple 10 win seasons this is a Non-Story.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 10

6 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I agree with Salsa_Verde

Yet no one else smell a rat?  

Like a rat from another school who posted the “showboat” comment & who doesn’t want Renfro to sign with North Texas?

Some of our opponents will use any means.

GMG!

No no. I know Bill and hes a big Mean Green fan. Just weird why he would say that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

With that said what did Alec Morris do here after being highly touted state champion and Alabama commit?   Still this is a non-story and I am disappointed that it happened and it ended up here on gomeangreen.com.  

Woah woah woah, Alec Morris did not win any State Championships at Allen. That was all Kyler Murray and Jalen Guyton. Morris was the guy before THE Guy. 

On 10/27/2019 at 3:25 PM, Mike Jackson said:

B. He's a solid 3-star?  According to who?  And even if he is a solid 3-star how many 3-stars completely flamed out and other G5 programs?  Wake me up and post when we are talking about a 4-star with offer from at least middle of the road P5 programs.  With that said what did Alec Morris do here after being highly touted state champion and Alabama commit?   Still this is a non-story and I am disappointed that it happened and it ended up here on gomeangreen.com.  Stressing out about some fool on twitter trolling a 2 or 3-star commit.  That is for FCS programs.  

More concerned about do we have a coach that will give him the best opportunity to live up to his full potential.   Or will we have a defense that ensures that if  Renfro and the offense put up 38 points and take a 14 point lead into the 4th quarter we win the game more than 80% of the time.   In four years I haven't seen that.  When I do see that then I might be concern over a twitter trolling incident of a 2 or 3 star QB commit. 

Until we start winning conference championship or have multiple 10 win seasons this is a Non-Story.

According the 247sports:

https://247sports.com/player/kade-renfro-46080486/

.84something composite and rated an 86 by them.

He is also rated a three star by ESPN.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1