A brief report from Charlotte

letsgiveacheer

My fault boys. It's on me.

Talking to Mean Green Matt early in the game, when there was no reason to do so, I threw out a flippant afterthought regarding our early lead (I believe) that this team has a way of helping programs that have no reason to feel good about themselves, feel good themselves. 

I was thinking ODU when I said it but MGM channeled his inner drex and brought up Kansas State.

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

They looked flat

21 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

We'll, I just returned to my hotel following the game. I had to make certain I was in Charlotte rather than Norfolk  but I got that right. It is hard to take a licking from a school that has only been playing football at any level for about seven seasons. I pretty sure their 2,000 or so fans will not soon forget tonight's game!

I know nothing about football but did notice our team was flat from the start. There was little enthusiasm, no chants, no jumping up and down in unison, no swaying coming from the tunnel, nada. What is going on?

All I can say is that I am glad I packed a bottle of cognac. I had a feeling I would need it.

I noticed the WKU volleyball team is staying at the same hotel as I am.  I'm going back down to the lobby and ask them if they want to hear how the game with Texas was stolen from us.

They looked flat at the USM.game too....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

They looked flat

They looked flat at the USM.game too....

And why does this keep happening? Who is to blame for the mental focus of this team? The confidence on the field and the preparation leading into the game? I would LOVE to hear Seth Littrell's pre-game speech. I can only imagine that it would leave very, very much to be desired. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

Talking to Mean Green Matt early in the game, when there was no reason to do so, I threw out a flippant afterthought regarding our early lead (I believe) that this team has a way of helping programs that have no reason to feel good about themselves, feel good themselves. 

I was thinking ODU when I said it but MGM channeled his inner drex and brought up Kansas State.

GMG

Pick your poison, Scottie (& those of the rest of you who dare).

Its either the below UNT at KSU video or a can of Bill Vogel’s (RIP, Bill) famous “ Mean Greens” (turnip greens) whose shelf life ended on 6-12-1992.

Enjoy & I’ll see a bunch of you this Saturday for Homecoming, 2019.🤢

1 minute ago, greensleeves said:

This may be a strange question to ask, but is anything going on with the team that we don't know about? I also get the flat vibe,

just wondered if there was some legit reason for it. 

Injuries in key positions

Blowout loss after blowout loss

Seeing other teams shoot by

Lack of D/O-line recruiting to protect our best assets

Uninspiring playcalling

Poor defensive coaching

Rapidly dwindling fan enthusiam

It would be hard not to be a little checked out. Props to our guys that are still keeping the fire lit.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Agree on all fronts. Traveled from Atlanta with the family. Never felt like we had enough of a lead. Outside of defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory was seeing Ja’mel Branch on the side lines. My kids kept asking why are the 49ers players cheering and jumping so much. To echo the others it felt flat or like a mid week business trip. 

21EB9235-D877-4AED-89BC-9047FFD9F223.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, untcampbell said:

GMG

Well, Kansas State was the first that came to mind but unfortunately there are plenty to choose from...

I was actually pretty pleased with the NT fan turnout today. Had a great time (despite the loss). 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Pick your poison, Scottie (& those of the rest of you who dare).

Its either the below UNT at KSU video or a can of Bill Vogel’s (RIP, Bill) famous “ Mean Greens” (turnip greens) whose shelf life ended on 6-12-1992.

Enjoy & I’ll see a bunch of you this Saturday for Homecoming, 2019.🤢

25EE8045-B744-4FD6-AF78-817D623802CA.png.18e4ba2ca6e7a9584e500e95799b83b3.png

Ah yes,...the phantom PI in which the ball flew 6-8 feet over the WR’s head that bailed them out.

That was a long drive home.

Rick

5 hours ago, Green Nightmare said:

Agree on all fronts. Traveled from Atlanta with the family. Never felt like we had enough of a lead. Outside of defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory was seeing Ja’mel Branch on the side lines. My kids kept asking why are the 49ers players cheering and jumping so much. To echo the others it felt flat or like a mid week business trip. 

21EB9235-D877-4AED-89BC-9047FFD9F223.jpeg

Great photo man! Love his uniform!