Sad for Mason

Coach Andy Mac

3 minutes ago, hickoryhouse said:

What would you have liked him to do differently?   A two score lead at the half...   5 tds in the game and way north of 300 yards?   A high completion percentage?

at some point the defense has to stop somebody.    Putting any of the blame for this disaster on Mason is ludicrous. 

Just saying he had his share of opportunities too.  Team sport.  He had some great throws, but a few poorly thrown as well.  One duck comes to mind that could have been a TD if the ball was put in front of the receiver.  

He had a good game.  I just said he didn’t have a perfect game and we can’t put the loss on everyone but Mason. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

I wonder if Mason can play on defense.  At least he plays like he wants to win.   SL has to make sweeping changes on his ACoaches.  I am still wondering why Griffin-Hair is not the kick returner.  they bring him in when we need a big return.  What  I have seen he could be good bet for a return on all kicks.  

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Just saying he had his share of opportunities too.  Team sport.  He had some great throws, but a few poorly thrown as well.  One duck comes to mind that could have been a TD if the ball was put in front of the receiver.  

He had a good game.  I just said he didn’t have a perfect game and we can’t put the loss on everyone but Mason. 

Yes a QB that throws 40 times, may have a few bad throws.

I am glad 384 yards and 5 tds qualifies as a good game.  

It is a team sport, you win and lose as a team.  Now after stating that cliche; the offense played well enough to win nearly any game, but not good enough to make up for a no defense second half.   

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

Like he didn't know he was being recruited into a s-show?! 

He's got some press. Some records. So name recognition. 

It's not like he had other offers for a full rides. He's done well. Thank you Mason.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

I know the season is now totally lost for this team,  but Mason still has a lot to play for. With his draft stock on the line,  he needs to finish strong with more performances like last night. Hopefully he can convince atleast a few teams to invest a draft pick in him. 

56 minutes ago, Mab2015 said:

I know the season is now totally lost for this team,  but Mason still has a lot to play for. With his draft stock on the line,  he needs to finish strong with more performances like last night. Hopefully he can convince atleast a few teams to invest a draft pick in him. 

Lol well you need a team for that. Mason isn’t a one man show and doesn’t have the speed to run by people like Michael Vick.

5 hours ago, Big Z said:

Lol well you need a team for that. Mason isn’t a one man show and doesn’t have the speed to run by people like Michael Vick.

Prime example is Tony Mitchell. Projected to be lottery, but Benford and the overall team was just bad. When you go 5-7 or in basketball 12-22 after being projected to finish 1st and you get injured, your draft stock sinks. Luckily Mitchell was just a freakish athlete

• Skeptical Eagle 1