Next year ticket prices

meaniegreenie

5 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Ok. I understand the sentiment. I’ve been at this for quite a while too, basically my entire existence. All I’m doing is making a case for why one down year shouldn’t decimate a fan base. We’ve won 9 games two years in a row. Has this season been awful? Absolutely. But the overall trend can still be up even with periodic dips. I don’t believe we should have to rebuild our fan base just because of a down year 

At next seasons end, SL will probably still be the highest paid coach in CUSA (or at least top 2) and will have 3 losing seasons out of 5, no bowl wins, no CUSA trophies, and a disturbing amount of ugly losses to show for it. Year 6, we'll be closing in on a decade of SL and there is ZERO evidence of a good 2021 campaign. He does not value defensive football and he does not recruit well enough on the defensive side of the ball. He must replace his defensive staff and recruiting staff while going heavy JUCO to shore up holes to even be competitive in 2020. 

His value blows. His worth and his productivity do not correlate in any case. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

At next seasons end, SL will probably still be the highest paid coach in CUSA (or at least top 2) and will have 3 losing seasons out of 5, no bowl wins, no CUSA trophies, and a disturbing amount of ugly losses to show for it. Year 6, we'll be closing in on a decade of SL and there is ZERO evidence of a good 2021 campaign. He does not value defensive football and he does not recruit well enough on the defensive side of the ball. He must replace his defensive staff and recruiting staff while going heavy JUCO to shore up holes to even be competitive in 2020. 

Last year's recruiting class and this one he is currently putting together are much improved over any we have had in the past. Three of the top five recruits in last year's class were on the defensive side of the ball.  Eight of the seventeen current recruits in this year's class are on the defensive side of the ball.  Year 6 is closing in on a decade?  That's a stretch.  

I would love to see you hired as our DC or HC, since you always have all the answers.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Last year's recruiting class and this one he is currently putting together are much improved over any we have had in the past. Three of the top five recruits in last year's class were on the defensive side of the ball.  Eight of the seventeen current recruits in this year's class are on the defensive side of the ball.  Year 6 is closing in on a decade?  That's a stretch.  

I would love to see you hired as our DC or HC, since you always have all the answers.

There is not quality at OL or DL in either class. 

And I'm not having all of the answers. I'm just pointing out the problems. It's not my job to come up with solutions. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

But we'll be getting money from TAMU and Wisco, so SL can maybe upgrade his jet

I have gone from 27 season tickets and people to go with them to 1 and that is just for a parking pass so I can tailgate. Just John and I are it, and John was not part of the original group. It kills me that we don't have any real lines on either side of the ball. I wanted to see Fine get a year where he was protected, so we could see what he looked like with time for an entire season. 

Why did we not go JuCo if we did not have any size on the lines? How did Wren not see this, he must go by practice at some point and seen we had a size issue at the lines.

I think things around campus have vastly improved but we need to keep our foot on the gas. NO MORE EXCUSES!

18 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

There is not quality at OL or DL in either class. 

Based on what?  Their offer lists? OL Byers had a good offer list, as well as DE Walker in the 2019 class and a number of recruits in this class are highly regarded.  You want to rate off of offer lists then don't forget to look back at Mason Fine's or Rico Bussey Jr.'s or Patrick Cobb's, etc...  I know more offers tends to trend toward better results, but quit crapping on classes before the players have set foot on the field.

• Downvote 3

I will remind everyone on here that 98% of UNT alumni don’t give one rip about this program. The 2% that do have a split between half being incredibly loyal and the other half saying “prove it and I’ll keep buying tickets” (which I’m in that category). But make no mistake, if you are losing part of that 2%, you ain’t gaining anyone from the 98%. It’s just what UNT is. We are a school that spent way too much time not caring about football and now are paying not like we want to catch up quickly. What makes up for lost time isn’t just cash, it’s recruiting, it’s play calling, it’s looking at the current landscape and finding opportunities (see SMU and the transfer portal), and luck. Right now, the cash is there, the recruiting looks to finally be up there for the next few years, the playcalling has been mediocre, and the landscape and luck have been bad. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Based on what?  Their offer lists? OL Byers had a good offer list, as well as DE Walker in the 2019 class and a number of recruits in this class are highly regarded.  You want to rate off of offer lists then don't forget to look back at Mason Fine's or Rico Bussey Jr.'s or Patrick Cobb's, etc...  I know more offers tends to trend toward better results, but quit crapping on classes before the players have set foot on the field.

Yes, offers lists. Their offer lists in large part are not very good at OL/DL. 

Yes, some kids come in and outperform their expectation. I hope they all do. That'd be great and a pleasant surprise. 

Also, quit hiding behind the, "they're just kids" crap for an excuse to mute people dissatisfied by this poor season and the probable season to come.  I'm not ever going to directly single out a kid, whether he has played or not, on the basis of being upset at poor coaching, development, preparation, recruiting, motivation, etc. I know where the onus lays. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yes, offers lists. Their offer lists in large part are not very good at OL/DL. 

Yes, some kids come in and outperform their expectation. I hope they all do. That'd be great and a pleasant surprise. 

Also, quit hiding behind the, "they're just kids" crap for an excuse to mute people dissatisfied by this poor season and the probable season to come. I'm not ever going to directly single out a kid, whether he has played or not, on the basis of being upset at poor coaching, development, preparation, recruiting, motivation, etc. I know where the onus lays. 

Quite making shit up to make you feel better.  Where have I said "they're just kids."  Please show me.  I have never seen someone so eager to insure their point is accurate that they make up crap on other posters.  Ben, you've never changed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Quite making shit up to make you feel better.  Where have I said "they're just kids."  Please show me.  I have never seen someone so eager to insure their point is accurate that they make up crap on other posters.  Ben, you've never changed.

The quit crapping on classes before they play. It's the direction you are getting ready to take. If that's not the direction you were going, then good. Don't. Because it's certainly not about them. 

Oh, and the point still stands. We are not going to be very good at OL or DL unless we make a philosophical recruiting change. The writing is on the wall, as history suggests with the current signed/committed players. 

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, TheNewEra said:

Maybe if we have a giant cage match of all the upset GMG.com members after the end of Saturdays game & we'll push attendance over 10k.

I haven't stayed after a game for one of the rasslin matches yet, but if this came to fruition, I'd push my way to the front with 2 armfuls of folding chairs ready to dole out to any/all participants.
sillazo-taker.gif