Next year ticket prices

meaniegreenie

I opted out this year of season tix. I buy walk-up now. I sort of saw all of this. Defensively, looking around on the roster, I just was never sold on them being even OK. Next year, I will definitely not get tix. You folks need to quit getting swindled on season tix. What are you paying for? Why are you continuing to pay increased prices? We may, believe it or not, be worse next season. SL is slipping, and it's been apparent for sometime. I thought he was turning a tide, but I will never forgot that 2016 @ UTEP performance for solidified bowl eligibility. We've seen much more of it since then and I am afraid we will see much more of it until he's sent packing. But make no mistake, he will be sent packing before he is hired away. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 11

I got them this year for the first time in a long time. To the point above there’s no advantage to buying season tickets. Unless you do it out of duty to the school. The only reason I did it. And I’m done with that. I’m not getting anything in return. 

Littrell’s success has been smoke and mirrors. No substantive win in his 4 years. 

Then his agent swindled Wren Baker and thus the fans. 

A brand new program just embarrassed the highest paid coach in the conference. 

• Upvote 4

We need to stop talking about it and be about. Every person needs to jump on Twitter or whatever social media you can and @ Wren Baker and Seth Littrell and demand that if changes aren't made, Homecoming tickets won't be purchased, season tickets won't be renewed, etc. Hit them where it hurts, the wallet

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

11 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I opted out this year of season tix. I buy walk-up now. I sort of saw all of this. Defensively, looking around on the roster, I just was never sold on them being even OK. Next year, I will definitely not get tix. You folks need to quit getting swindled on season tix. What are you paying for? Why are you continuing to pay increased prices? We may, believe it or not, be worse next season. SL is slipping, and it's been apparent for sometime. I thought he was turning a tide, but I will never forgot that 2016 @ UTEP performance for solidified bowl eligibility. We've seen much more of it since then and I am afraid we will see much more of it until he's sent packing. But make no mistake, he will be sent packing before he is hired away. 

This was my reasoning for letting my tickets go this year after 15 years.

Edited by NT91
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

A fan base bailing after a down year isn’t exactly the foundation for a strong athletic program. 

Nope

Not going to accept this anymore

That old tire RV attitude of "ask not what your program can do for you but what you can do for your program....." I'm done with it. This isn't a charity.

This coach gets paid $150K per month. If he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain why should fans?

You're not going to "guilt trip" fans anymore. We have all the shiny new toys and a $2 million coach that got embarrassed AGAIN as his team melted down late AGAIN. To a program that is brand new with a brand new head coach.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

41 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Nope

That old tire RV attitude of "ask not what your program can do for you but what you can do for your program....." I'm done with it. This isn't a charity.

This coach gets paid $150K per month. If he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain why should fans?

You're not going to "guilt trip" fans anymore. We have all the shiny new toys and a $2 million coach that got embarrassed AGAIN as his team melted down late AGAIN. To a program that is brand new with a brand new head coach.

This is a silly extension of the “we played two bad games the team deserves 5,000 fans” attitude that has been so prevalent on this board recently. Our fan base is incredibly slow to buy in and incredibly quick to bail.

We’ve won 9 games two years in a row. No championships, sure. But that’s decent progress. Our recruiting has taken off, but those dividends won’t be seen until at least next year. Is this a disappointing season? Heck yeah it is. I’ve attended every game of it. But this is hardly time to hit the eject button. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Mean Green Matt said:

This is a silly extension of the “we played two bad games the team deserves 5,000 fans” attitude that has been so prevalent on this board recently. Our fan base is incredibly slow to buy in and incredibly quick to bail.

We’ve won 9 games two years in a row. No championships, sure. But that’s decent progress. Our recruiting has taken off, but those dividends won’t be seen until at least next year. Is this a disappointing season? Heck yeah it is. I’ve attended every game of it. But this is hardly time to hit the eject button. 

I’m not ejecting. I’ll still go to games. 

I’ll come back all in when they earn their money. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

51 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Nope

This. Stop trying to guilt trip the rest of us because we won't put up with this putrid of a season or coaching staff. That old mindset kept us in the cellar for years and this is a new age. Money, resources, support, this coaching staff has absolutely everything they need to succeed and what are they doing with it? Nothing. Doesn't mean we love this school any less. It's because with higher buy in and donations come expectations and time and time again, this coaching staff hasn't met it. Multi millions of dollars everywhere to not even win a bowl game. Pathetic 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

11 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

A fan base bailing after a down year isn’t exactly the foundation for a strong athletic program. 

3 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Nope

Putting the expletives that I want use aside let me give you a history lesson on North Texas loyalty.  This team program fired the best coach they had since returning to FBS level when he had the worst facilities and weakest fan support at the FBS level in the Big 12, SEC geographic footprint.   This program for years hasn't live up to its primary mission to represent UNT large University with quality academic programs.   Purely based on our numbers should have competitive recruiting classes with SMU and TCU.   We don't.  UNT is the largest university in CUSA West.   UNT sits in the deepest recruiting geographic area in the country.  We are exhausted supporting an under performing program. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Putting the expletives that I want use aside let me give you a history lesson on North Texas loyalty.  This team program fired the best coach they had since returning to FBS level when he had the worst facilities and weakest fan support at the FBS level in the Big 12, SEC geographic footprint.   This program for years hasn't live up to its primary mission to represent UNT large University with quality academic programs.   Purely based on our numbers should have competitive recruiting classes with SMU and TCU.   We don't.  UNT is the largest university in CUSA West.   UNT sits in the deepest recruiting geographic area in the country.  We are exhausted supporting an under performing program. 

Ok. I understand the sentiment. I’ve been at this for quite a while too, basically my entire existence. All I’m doing is making a case for why one down year shouldn’t decimate a fan base. We’ve won 9 games two years in a row. Has this season been awful? Absolutely. But the overall trend can still be up even with periodic dips. I don’t believe we should have to rebuild our fan base just because of a down year 

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1

4 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Wow.  So you kept your tickets during the Dodge days and got rid of them prior to this year?  That says something.  Not sure what, but it says something.

It says this stuff adds up and those that have showed loyalty during those down years aren’t seeing the fruits of their labor. 

don’t forget. It was LITTRELL And his agent that dangled KState In front of UNT and got everything they wanted from the university. And in return.....squandered a record QB and all these shiny new toys, record attendance and fund raising. 

Dodge and Dickey and even McCarney didn’t have what Littrell has. 

If Dickey had what Littrell has and had the 2018 schedule that Littrell had....I wonder what the record would’ve been. 

Littrell has no excuses. Take advantage of all this and Go win. Period. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

For those of you bailing...

mood GIF

Using the gif of a loser from a great movie.  So by using this gif are you saying the UNT Athletic are run by arrogant leaders who don't know when they are in over their heads?  Good luck reaching people who don't care enough to be on gomeangreen.com or any other webpage featuring UNT Athletics.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

We go to the next level when our fans show up at Apogee even if our favorite school’s entire team has some kind of Biblical disease (which they don’t, of course).

Otherwise, OldDenton will continue to reign & keep us toward the back of the NCAA bus. We still have to do our part which (simply enough for old & newbie fans is).....buy a football ticket to the game.   

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, PlummMeanGreen said:

We go to the next level when our fans show up at Apogee even if our favorite school’s entire team has some kind of Biblical disease (which they don’t, of course).

Otherwise, OldDenton will continue to reign & keep us toward the back of the NCAA bus. 

GMG!

That is biggest bunch of "bleep" that is repeated over and over again.  SMU fans don't show up in the midst of an undefeated season.   TCU fans are fickle also.  Texas vs TCU had 47k which is under the stadium's capacity of 50k.  When the fans do show up for big games in Denton they lose and most of the time the games aren't even competitive.  Losers are great at making excuses for not living up to expectations.   It is always circumstances or everyone else's fault.  Go out an win then you can complain about fan support.  To date we have seen nothing that would make anyone believe that once Fine leaves this team will be competitive. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

Cross Country won a CUSA championship last year, volleyball won two years ago, soccer wins almost every year, and softball won last year in Coach Delong's first year. SL is making more than all of them put together and gets a raise every year. He has to start producing or his seat should be getting very warm.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Venson said:

Cross Country won a CUSA championship last year, volleyball won two years ago, soccer wins almost every year, and softball won last year in Coach Delong's first year. SL is making more than all of them put together and gets a raise every year. He has to start producing or his seat should be getting very warm.

He earned the raises he has received so far.  He does NOT deserve another this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

Using the gif of a loser from a great movie.  So by using this gif are you saying the UNT Athletic are run by arrogant leaders who don't know when they are in over their heads?  Good luck reaching people who don't care enough to be on gomeangreen.com or any other webpage featuring UNT Athletics.  

No.  I was going for more of a ‘don’t let the door hit you on the way out’ message to those of you who feel like buying season tickets is for a coach, not the players/program/University.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 10/27/2019 at 3:04 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

No.  I was going for more of a ‘don’t let the door hit you on the way out’ message to those of you who feel like buying season tickets is for a coach, not the players/program/University.

The HC salary is the biggest line item expense for this program.  And the players don't get paid.  The program doesn't make a profit and it is an expense of the university.  Look at this way.  If our market department consistently produced subpar marketing promotions and enrollment growth did not keep pace with other public universities in our area how long do you think they would keep their jobs?  I make donations to the general scholarship fund.  We live in a result oriented world.   If are playing on the FBS level it is about more than just a well rounded undergraduate experience for our students.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1