Bye Bye Season

NTEX91

No Conference Championship

No C-USA West Title

No Bowl Game 

NO DEFENSE

We might beat UTEP but at this point who knows.  Really sad for Mason.  Glad this dumpster fire is almost over.  Thank goodness basketball starts in 10 days.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

28 minutes ago, NTEX91 said:

No C-USA West Title

No Bowl Game 

NO DEFENSE

We might beat UTEP but at this point who knows.  Really sad for Mason.  Glad this dumpster fire is almost over.  Thank goodness basketball starts in 10 days.

Basketball expectations are much lower than football. Thank goodness is a bit confusing...

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, NTEX91 said:

No C-USA West Title

No Bowl Game 

NO DEFENSE

Kind of amazing to think that he is the best quarterback in our school's history and he hasn't and won't win a single thing, team-wise. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3

Just now, UNT 90 Grad said:

#hit6

Guys, afraid we're looking at a 4 or 5 win season at this point...

Someone HAS to be held accountable for this mess.  One of the worst defenses I can remember with no apparent upside for next year. 

New DC, new defensive position coaches, and a heavy dose of Juco might at least make next year tolerable.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 10/26/2019 at 7:30 PM, ForneyGreen said:

Guys, afraid we're looking at a 4 or 5 win season at this point...

Someone HAS to be held accountable for this mess.  One of the worst defenses I can remember with no apparent upside for next year. 

New DC, new defensive position coaches, and a heavy dose of Juco might at least make next year tolerable.

Yep, let's flip out half of our assistants again.  Reff's seat is blazing, but let's try for some continuity.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

On 10/26/2019 at 7:06 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Kind of amazing to think that he is the best quarterback in our school's history and he hasn't and won't win a single thing, team-wise. 

His numbers are the best but I still think Mitch Maher was our best QB. In my humble opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

56 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

His numbers are the best but I still think Mitch Maher was our best QB. In my humble opinion.

I don't think it's really comparable. Different eras, different offenses. 

I think the only way to really even try to pinpoint it is to ask ourselves could one QB fit in every philosophy we've seen here at UNT and still have success, or better success than the QB in that era/offensive philosophy had. Even then, I don't think there is really any way to be accurate with an assessment. 

I think they're all just different. I think MF would be hard pressed to play in a Dickey or McCarney system. Like I know Derek Thompson would be hard pressed to play in a Littrell system. But both have their successes, just differently. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, ADLER said:

Keep the faith guys. 

It's always darkest right before the dawn, and it's been black as night, black as coal.

There are still several games to play, not just for us but also for the other teams that stand in the way of our goals. Undefeated from this point on and we're right back in the CUSA-West hunt, and we'll remain bowl eligible with one loss.

This obviously cannot be the kind of season that we desired, but it can still be a lot of fun, especially if we earn an invitation to a local bowl.

GMG!

I think seeing SMU get all the spotlight is really making people worse 

• Upvote 3

On 10/26/2019 at 7:06 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

The Dan Marino of college football

Edited by Sig381

18 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Keep in mind that our darkness is also watching freaking SMU being undefeated, ranked, and on Gameday and the ABC game of the week.

Just end this season already, please...

If there's a silver lining, College GameDay is at a G5 vs G5 game over half way through the season.  SMU is laying the groundwork for a hope of G5 relevance outside of Boise State and UCF.  It's up to North Texas to be better.

Maybe one day we can run the tables and see Game Day at Apogee.  Just make sure it's not in the Blue Lot please. 😁

• Upvote 2