Our DC

GMoney

Our DC is trash. Fire his ass yesterday!

Running the same scheme and refusing to adjust it when it's not working. 

Inability to tackle

Always lining your corners 10 yards off the damn ball. 

Not teaching secondary to look back

Receivers making catches even on the rare occasion they are being covered by our secondary. 

All coaching. He should be paying for his own trip back to Denton, and his house should be cleaned out and on the market when he does make it back. And then serve him with a restraining order so he can't have any contact with our program ever again. 

• Upvote 6

Just now, Rudy said:

Our DC is trash. Fire his ass yesterday!

Running the same scheme and refusing to adjust it when it's not working. 

Inability to tackle

Always lining your corners 10 yards off the damn ball. 

Not teaching secondary to look back

Receivers making catches even on the rare occasion they are being covered by our secondary. 

All coaching. He should be paying for his own trip back to Denton, and his house should be cleaned out and on the market when he does make it back. And then serve him with a restraining order so he can't have any contact with our program ever again. 

Can someone who knows college football tell me if there is another successful major college program that runs our defensive scheme? It ain't working here.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Can't ignore empty stadiums and dried up funds, can they? 

Said the exact same thing in another post. With record donations come expectations. If fans aren't seeing the benefits of their contributions and ticket sales slow down and money stops coming in, it's a kick in the ass to make change. And before someone talks about RV, this is different leadership with different expectations. They will be prompted to make changes 

• Upvote 1

Just now, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Said the exact same thing in another post. With record donations come expectations. If fans aren't seeing the benefits of their contributions and ticket sales slow down and money stops coming in, it's a kick in the ass to make change. And before someone talks about RV, this is different leadership with different expectations. They will be prompted to make changes 

Fans will stay away. No reason for anyone to go rile up anyone in this admin office about change. The fans will speak with their empty bleachers. It's the way of sports. 

18 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

Can someone who knows college football tell me if there is another successful major college program that runs our defensive scheme? It ain't working here.

WVU. TCU runs some concepts of it. Boise runs multiple and they use it sometimes. I'm pretty sure ISU has adopted it. SDSU runs it as well I believe. 

I mean, it's not a reliable D. It's a spread defense that puts the onus on team speed, havoc, and turnovers. But teams that feel like they can't recruit up to their competition level typically install this. Less linemen needed so they substitute size for speed and roll the dice. I personally do not like it. 

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

WVU. TCU runs some concepts of it. Boise runs multiple and they use it sometimes. I'm pretty sure ISU has adopted it. SDSU runs it as well I believe. 

I mean, it's not a reliable D. It's a spread defense that puts the onus on team speed, havoc, and turnovers. But teams that feel like they can't recruit up to their competition level typically install this. Less linemen needed so they substitute size for speed and roll the dice. I personally do not like it. 

Thanks for the feedback.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Taking it right back to the good ‘ol Ron Mendoza/Chris Cosh days.

i want another attacking defense like Skladany had. I want receivers and ball carriers to be scared to get the ball again.

Wow, Ron Mendoza had to have been the worst defensive coordinator in the history of college football. Sad thing is my previous sentence is not some sensationalistic statement. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, GMoney said:

Should be fired before he gets on the bus headed to the airport! 

If you had to guess,.... what percentage of defensive plays would you think we blitz on?  I’d guess 1 in 15 or about 6%?

One of our more astute alumn/donors brought this point up tonight.  It feels like we rarely blitz and hardly ever get pressure on the QB.  

So,......if your going to risk it and run a wide open offense..(Tee It High..blah blah).....then why in hell would you not risk it and run a wide open defense and blitz the crap out of someone?  At this point what’s the harm, you might give up a 75 yard TD in 6 plays?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3

On point Rick. Been screaming the same thing all day. Watching the same thing over and over and it’s not working...bring the house from different angles at different times and bump and run the receivers. What is the difference if you get burned. They’re going to score one way or another. At least by being aggressive you have a better shot at creating a turnover!

• Upvote 1