1.8 Million & a Jet

meangreenbob

20 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

The season has been a great disappointment.

However, there are still games to be played.

Why not hold off all this fire him or them stuff until the end of season?

This team could not win another game, or pull it together and win out.

Ever scenario is not likely, but the performance issue will be much clearer after the season.

No one is going to get terminated until the end of the season.  It might make some fans happy to fire someone, but in reality it would accomplish nothing positive. 

Because it is a bust. The lines are not suddenly going to get big this season.  Another wasted opportunity. Houston made us look silly in our house with a great crowd. Fine's senior year should have been so much better. This whole season should have been better, I could see how bad our lines were at the Abilene Christian game. How could a head coach not see what was coming? Or was Seth hoping to be gone by this year? 

How many times do we have a great crowd, great buzz, great opportunity to build up the fan base/program and we lay an egg?

Again 

Again 

Again 

Again 

and Again

9 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Because it is a bust. The lines are not suddenly going to get big this season.  Another wasted opportunity. Houston made us look silly in our house with a great crowd. Fine's senior year should have been so much better. This whole season should have been better, I could see how bad our lines were at the Abilene Christian game. How could a head coach not see what was coming? Or was Seth hoping to be gone by this year? 

How many times do we have a great crowd, great buzz, great opportunity to build up the fan base/program and we lay an egg?

Again 

Again 

Again 

Again 

and Again

Don't disagree with your points, but have no idea how it applies to my comments. 

How is firing Seth or a coordinator or the whole staff in season going to make this year any better?

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 10/28/2019 at 6:02 PM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Good programs, even in down and troddened years, don't lose to the likes of UNCC under a 1st year head coach from Austin Peay. 

3 guesses whose schedule and results this is.

Date Time Opponent Rank Site TV Result Attendance
September 1 6:00 p.m. Western Carolina*   PPV W 52–6 (vacated) 92,138
September 8 11:30 a.m. at Vanderbilt   LFS W 24–10 (vacated) 39,773
September 15 5:45 p.m. No. 16 Arkansas  
  • Bryant–Denny Stadium
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
ESPN W 41–38 (vacated) 92,138
September 22 6:45 p.m. No. 22 Georgia No. 16
ESPN L 23–26 OT 92,138
September 29 4:00 p.m. vs. Florida State* No. 22 CBS L 14–21 85,412
October 6 2:00 p.m. Houston*dagger  
  • Bryant–Denny Stadium
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
PPV W 30–24 (vacated) 92,138
October 13 11:30 a.m. at Ole Miss   LFS W 27–24 (vacated) 59,791
October 20 11:30 a.m. No. 20 Tennessee  
LFS W 41–17 92,138
November 3 4:00 p.m. No. 3 LSU No. 17
  • Bryant–Denny Stadium
  • Tuscaloosa, AL (rivalry)
CBS L 34–41 92,138
November 10 11:30 a.m. at Mississippi State No. 21 LFS L 12–17 56,188
November 17 1:30 p.m. Louisiana–Monroe*  
  • Bryant–Denny Stadium
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
  L 14–21 92,138
November 24 7:00 p.m. at No. 25 Auburn   ESPN L 10–17 87,451
December 30 7:00 p.m. vs. Colorado*   ESPN W 30–24 47,043
  • *Non-conference game
  • daggerHomecoming
  • Rankings from AP Poll released prior to the game
  • All times are in Central time
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, MeanMag said:

3 guesses whose schedule and results this is.

Date Time Opponent Rank Site TV Result Attendance
September 1 6:00 p.m. Western Carolina*   PPV W 52–6 (vacated) 92,138
September 8 11:30 a.m. at Vanderbilt   LFS W 24–10 (vacated) 39,773
September 15 5:45 p.m. No. 16 Arkansas  
  • Bryant–Denny Stadium
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
ESPN W 41–38 (vacated) 92,138
September 22 6:45 p.m. No. 22 Georgia No. 16
ESPN L 23–26 OT 92,138
September 29 4:00 p.m. vs. Florida State* No. 22 CBS L 14–21 85,412
October 6 2:00 p.m. Houston*dagger  
  • Bryant–Denny Stadium
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
PPV W 30–24 (vacated) 92,138
October 13 11:30 a.m. at Ole Miss   LFS W 27–24 (vacated) 59,791
October 20 11:30 a.m. No. 20 Tennessee  
LFS W 41–17 92,138
November 3 4:00 p.m. No. 3 LSU No. 17
  • Bryant–Denny Stadium
  • Tuscaloosa, AL (rivalry)
CBS L 34–41 92,138
November 10 11:30 a.m. at Mississippi State No. 21 LFS L 12–17 56,188
November 17 1:30 p.m. Louisiana–Monroe*  
  • Bryant–Denny Stadium
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
  L 14–21 92,138
November 24 7:00 p.m. at No. 25 Auburn   ESPN L 10–17 87,451
December 30 7:00 p.m. vs. Colorado*   ESPN W 30–24 47,043
  • *Non-conference game
  • daggerHomecoming
  • Rankings from AP Poll released prior to the game
  • All times are in Central time

ULM was not a 7 year start up in 2007.

They had been playing football for decades, won an FCS national championship in ‘87 and had been playing FBS again since ‘94 and finished 6-6 that 2007 season despite losing to us five weeks before beating Alabama. Overall that win over ULM was the second best of two of Dodge’s five wins.

I know your just pointing it out to Ben that similar $#!+ happens, but that loss by Bama to ULM was not comparable to a loss to UNCC.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

For those of you who may not know,...ULM was the North Dakota State/Appalachian State of the middle to late 80’s.

Their Stadium, Malone Stadium was damn nice back then for FCS,...at least the home side was.

They have a groveof oak trees along the south side where everyone tailgated.  And if you were in Monroe on Saturdays you were at Malone Stadium.

It was a hell of a fun, raucous place to see a football game in and a horrible place to play in as a visitor.  I remember my first time there walking through the crowd in the Grove and thinking..”Damn they got it going on here!”.

Fast forward 10 years later after the results of their AD whoring them out to balance their new FBS budgets and to my shock the place had became a ghost town.  I went over to their alumni tailgate and asked WTH was going on and there was some really sad folks.  I felt terrible for them.  Good damn people who love and support their school reduced to Hell’wigitis.

Very sad.

Rick

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:56 AM, KingDL1 said:

Again 

Again 

Again 

Again 

and Again

I go back to home losses in front of good crowds at Fouts in the late 90's thru today--UNLV, Baylor, TCU, Tulsa, Rice (as non-conference back then), and Army. Then, at Apogee, UH both times they have been here, SMU in 2016, and La Tech in 2017.

Only big wins in front of strong crowds were Baylor at Fouts in 2003, SMU in 2006 at Fouts, then at Apogee in 2014, and 2018, UTEP in 2014 and 2018, and Army in 2017.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...