1.8 Million & a Jet

meangreenbob

3 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

You’re right on the cusp of getting that coveted window/exit row seat.

Had A5 and my wife A6 on my connecting flight Las Vegas to Little Rock on Friday and only way to sit exit row was to sit apart from each other. Flying Las Vegas to Reno earlier in the week we got the two seat exit with A34 and A35. SW plants people on flights to do stuff like that to mess with your head.

• Haha 1

Seth,

Please refund  a portion of your salary at the end of the year.  Follow this formula; wins divided by losses multiplied by your base salary to determine what you earn.  For example this season will be 4 wins (maybe)  & 8 losses. 4/8*1.8 mil. = $900,000 still not bad for a loser. 

Thanks,

Season ticket holders 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

15 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

I think this season wouldn’t be so hard on everyone had Seth not pulled a June Jones on us. Everyone is questioning his focus. It was off during the circus of a bowl week last year and has bled over into this season. 

This.

We haven't been the same since his name started coming up as the next big name in coaching last year after Arkansas. And when he had the KSU gig offered to him with some strings attached, only to see his demands not accepted by K-State, our guys have looked uninspired or lost, to say the least. Utah State, SMU, UH, and USM have bent us over a barrel, and our two wins in that span are over a FCS spare and a UTSA team that may be one of the 5 worst teams in FBS. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm as pissed as others, but seeing what is being said makes me understand why we are historically bad. People do not want to give the staff time to build. I have said it before, but it's almost like the last two back to back 9 win seasons came too easy and now everyone thinks we will win, 8-10 games a year. Almost every program has down years, even when those that are projected to kick ass. We need to continue to invest more and more. If Seth is not the answer, or chooses to leave, then we have a benchmark for the next HC.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I'm as pissed as others, but seeing what is being said makes me understand why we are historically bad. People do not want to give the staff time to build. I have said it before, but it's almost like the last two back to back 9 win seasons came too easy and now everyone thinks we will win, 8-10 games a year. Almost every program has down years, even when that are projected to kick ass. We need to continue to invest more and more. If Seth is not the answer, or chooses to leave, then we have a benchmark for the next HC.

This

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I'm as pissed as others, but seeing what is being said makes me understand why we are historically bad. People do not want to give the staff time to build. I have said it before, but it's almost like the last two back to back 9 win seasons came too easy and now everyone thinks we will win, 8-10 games a year. Almost every program has down years, even when that are projected to kick ass. We need to continue to invest more and more. If Seth is not the answer, or chooses to leave, then we have a benchmark for the next HC.

So you think UNT is historically sub par because of the comments of the .05% of alum who care and not the absolute apathy that set in into the 99.5%? I....see? 

Good programs, even in down and troddened years, don't lose to the likes of UNCC under a 1st year head coach from Austin Peay. It's absolutely insulting to suggest such. We have the record setting QB. We have outrecruited UNCC even in SLs first classes. We took the 2 score lead into 4th quarter. We suck/ed. And this admin keeps piling up sandbags and people are legitimately making excuses for it. It's inexcusable. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

So you think UNT is historically sub par because of the comments of the .05% of alum who care and not the absolute apathy that set in into the 99.5%? I....see? 

Good programs, even in down and troddened years, don't lose to the likes of UNCC under a 1st year head coach from Austin Peay. It's absolutely insulting to suggest such. We have the record setting QB. We have outrecruited UNCC even in SLs first classes. We took the 2 score lead into 4th quarter. We suck/ed. And this admin keeps piling up sandbags and people are legitimately making excuses for it. It's inexcusable. 

Who is making excuses? We are not playing well. We are underachieving, but I'm not willing to give up on everything Seth has done.

The "1st year head coach from Austin Peay" was the 2017 FCS coach of they year, so he might not suck. For everyone that keeps talking about UNT being out-recruited, we have been, and it's also a fact that Seth walked into a program with a very crappy reputation among High School coaches in the region.

Last thing.. "Good programs, even in down and troddened years, don't lose to the likes of UNCC" -- Guess those idiots in Alabama should have fired Saban when he lost to ULM (by the way, a team that lost to NT that same year)

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Who is making excuses? We are not playing well. We are underachieving, but I'm not willing to give up on everything Seth has done.

The "1st year head coach from Austin Peay" was the 2017 FCS coach of they year, so he might not suck. For everyone that keeps talking about UNT being out-recruited, we have been, and it's also a fact that Seth walked into a program with a very crappy reputation among High School coaches in the region.

Last thing.. "Good programs, even in down and troddened years, don't lose to the likes of UNCC" -- Guess those idiots in Alabama should have fired Saban when he lost to ULM (by the way, a team that lost to NT that same year)

I'm not willing to write SL off either. But I'm not going to chalk up needing to invest more and more to have success. We've invested the most, and will not even have a bowl appearance to show for it. We have recruited better than UNCC in all 4 of SLs classes. We had the better team, in person and on paper. And coaching blunders allowed us to fall, as many times before. 

That Austin Peay coach was like 16-24 while there. He's clearly buddy-buddy in the coaching community and slipped and fell into that job with recommendations. 

As for the Bama comment people are in love with...

1) let nicky satan lose to the likes of ULM in year 4 with an Alabama record setting QB. Wives and dogs would've been hiding everywhere in Alabama. 

2) we are not Bama and SL sure as shit is not Nick Saban. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I'm as pissed as others, but seeing what is being said makes me understand why we are historically bad. People do not want to give the staff time to build. I have said it before, but it's almost like the last two back to back 9 win seasons came too easy and now everyone thinks we will win, 8-10 games a year. Almost every program has down years, even when those that are projected to kick ass. We need to continue to invest more and more. If Seth is not the answer, or chooses to leave, then we have a benchmark for the next HC.

Really four years to build an offensive and defensive line?

So how long should it take to build lines? SMU did it one year. 

I am the most pissed that in Fine's last year it gotten worse not better, I was hoping just one year where he was not running for his life.

In my opinion this years shitshow is completely  inexcusable and heads need to roll now.   

The season has been a great disappointment.

However, there are still games to be played.

Why not hold off all this fire him or them stuff until the end of season?

This team could not win another game, or pull it together and win out.

Ether scenario is not likely, but the performance issue will be much clearer after the season.

No one is going to get terminated until the end of the season.  It might make some fans happy to fire someone, but in reality it would accomplish nothing positive. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4