WE DESERVED TO LOSE

peanuts104

This team has quit on their coach.  Their coach has quit on the team.  No one is accountable for their lack of performance.  I’m tired of the apathy from coaches and the “I’m just here to collect a check attitudes.”  Attendance and fan support is exponentially dwindling (and rightfully so).   If this weren’t enough, I see no offensive or defensive line help coming in committed recruits and no coaching emphasis on changing this deficiency.  It’s time to clear house.  Some will roll eyes or disagree.  But, serious question.  How far backward must we go to undo the progress that was made in SL’s early success?   For me, we have reached that point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

7 hours ago, Mean Green Fan4Life said:

This team has quit on their coach.  Their coach has quit on the team.  No one is accountable for their lack of performance.  I’m tired of the apathy from coaches and the “I’m just here to collect a check attitudes.”  Attendance and fan support is exponentially dwindling (and rightfully so).   If this weren’t enough, I see no offensive or defensive line help coming in committed recruits and no coaching emphasis on changing this deficiency.  It’s time to clear house.  Some will roll eyes or disagree.  But, serious question.  How far backward must we go to undo the progress that was made in SL’s early success?   For me, we have reached that point. 

Yeah, and yet some people keep pointing to our recruiting successes getting ready to boost the program back up. To that, how? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah, and yet some people keep pointing to our recruiting successes getting ready to boost the program back up. To that, how? 

Erik Williams (the highest rated recruit we have) is a very promising OL, but thats about it for DL/OL. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Erik Williams (the highest rated recruit we have) is a very promising OL, but thats about it for DL/OL. 

Yes, which I singled him out when I was talking about this after the SoMiss loss I believe. He has the size and offer sheet that is needed to have success. The others, not. at. all. 

• Eye Roll 1

20 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yes, which I singled him out when I was talking about this after the SoMiss loss I believe. He has the size and offer sheet that is needed to have success. The others, not. at. all. 

6'5"  245 lbs. per 247sports.com

Offers from New Mexico State and Northern Colorado.  I think he will be good as well, but he needs to add substantial weight while retaining his mobility.  I think it will be a couple of years before we see him contribute.

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2019 at 5:21 PM, ASmallRecruit said:

I think the problem with recruiting is that most of the players are small with offers from small colleges.  When will that change?  Never.

Hi-ho, hi-ho! 
It's off to work Seth goes!
To recruit small,
To play football -

Hi-ho, hi-ho!

And, here is a bonus haiku:
Our man Seth Littrell
Likes to recruit small players -
Goodbye, championships.

Who is small?  Eric Williams just needs to add weight which he has the frame to do so easily. Too many high schoolers with the “weight,” a range from 290 to 320 are fat. Their extra weight is not good weight. Williams, if he adds the weight in a smart manner, will retain his footwork and Athletic ability. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2019 at 6:22 PM, Udomann said:

Coach mumbles won't fire anyone. He's just done. We're done. Take that next offer and ride off into the sunset please. Get a coach that can make the hard calls.

Hmmm. Aged about as well as mine saying Reeder was going  to be a vast improvement over Harrell. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

On 12/4/2019 at 8:26 AM, Udomann said:

More than happy to be wrong in this instance. Just enough spark to make me double take Mumbles for now.

Reffett was a given, but Reeder was a surprise.

I was the least surprised about Reeder tbh. He did nothing, and deserved to be gone

• Upvote 1