***OFFICIAL UNT vs CHARLOTTE FAN IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Harry

6 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Good question.  But I look at it a bit differently.  

All those hard to replace guys were still part of a defense that helped blow three leads in games we lost including a 28-0 lead to ODU that began by giving up a 65 yard TD in 3 plays late 2nd quarter.

Did we lose some people?  Sure, but they shouldn’t have been this irreplaceable to where we help a 5 year start up set an all time school record.  

Rick

This is very true.  So I doubt Charlotte is so much better than UTSA...  How did this defense hold UTSA to just 3 pts?

To me, it really appears to be mental.  I don’t know where the blame for mentality lies though.  

Because the coaches could be teaching everything great & the players are executing at times & other times just mentally farting...   Or, maybe the new coaches Jennings & Scott aren’t meshing 100% with Reff & that’s rubbing off on the players.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is very true.  So I doubt Charlotte is so much better than UTSA...  How did this defense hold UTSA to just 3 pts?

To me, it really appears to be mental.  I don’t know where the blame for mentality lies though.  

Because the coaches could be teaching everything great & the players are executing at times & other times just mentally farting...   Or, maybe the new coaches Jennings & Scott aren’t meshing 100% with Reff & that’s rubbing off on the players.

Agree.

i wished there was a way to compare the two games and see if we blitzed nUTSAck more?

Rick

30 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

And what scheme would you recommend we play?

I’m not going to claim to be the tactical football expert that some on here are. So I don’t know. But sometimes coaches have to leave their comfort zone to put guys in a set up that gives them the best chance to succeed. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Good question.  But I look at it a bit differently.  

All those hard to replace guys were still part of a defense that helped blow three leads in games we lost including a 28-0 lead to ODU that began by giving up a 65 yard TD in 3 plays late 2nd quarter.

Did we lose some people?  Sure, but they shouldn’t have been this irreplaceable to where we help a 5 year start up set an all time school record.  

Rick

Good point. 

5 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Agree.

i wished there was a way to compare the two games and see if we blitzed nUTSAck more?

Rick

That QB for UTSA was like a kicker. Overthrew almost every guy.

His only "weapon" is running, but he wasn't great at that. Luckily for him, we can't stop a running QB

23 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I'm not sure Wren has the resolve to fire the guy who's scrubbing the toilets at Apogee, much less make any coaching moves.

Do you actually follow UNT sports? WB made more changes here in a year than had been made in a decade. Want to criticize? Fine. But this comment is nuts if you actually followed. Vito wrote a story on how many changes there were because there were so many. It seemed like it was half the staff.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1