Hello friends, 

I’m posting today because as you may or may not know, I am a member of the Army ROTC program here at North Texas.....before the vets right me off....let me say I was active duty for 10 years as a 19K....I chose to come HOME to UNT to get my commission. Unfortunately we need your help! We need to convince UNT to be a host program! Currently we are under UT-Arlington as an extension program ....this is a travesty! I love this university and I feel that this is unacceptable. We need your help to change this. If anyone sees our president let him know he is invited to our commissioning! he has still not attended any commissioning...please tell him that we do exist! It’s within his power to make us a host school! 

please follow us on our social media platforms 
untarmyrotc

meangreenbattalion  

Thank you 🙏🏾 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

On 10/26/2019 at 3:00 AM, Salsa_Verde said:

Hello friends, 

I’m posting today because as you may or may not know, I am a member of the Army ROTC program here at North Texas.....before the vets right me off....let me say I was active duty for 10 years as a 19K....I chose to come HOME to UNT to get my commission. Unfortunately we need your help! We need to convince UNT to be a host program! Currently we are under UT-Arlington as an extension program ....this is a travesty! I love this university and I feel that this is unacceptable. We need your help to change this. If anyone sees our president let him know he is invited to our commissioning! he has still not attended any commissioning...please tell him that we do exist! It’s within his power to make us a host school! 

please follow us on our social media platforms 
untarmyrotc

meangreenbattalion  

Thank you 🙏🏾 

Well, you could switch to the program UNT does sponsor...Air Force ROTC. I know...I know, but I am a proud AF ROTC grad. Got my commission that way and a few extra dollars while in Grad School at OSU.  I, too, would love to see UNT sponsor all the service ROTC programs...Air Force, Army and Navy, but that is pretty unrealistic these days.

Folks, these are great programs and they do offer scholarships which can definitely help reduce the necessity for student loans.  Plus, the GI Bill is there for you as well.

Good luck to you Salsa Verde, and thanks for your service....past and present.  Appreciate your commitment to serve this great nation of ours.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2