DRC Sunday column: UNT isn't where it wants to be but merits support due to the fight it is showing

Brett Vito

5 hours ago, untbowler said:

high hope?? How about High Expectations sense we have the highest paid Coach in the league and plenty of $$$ in the Assistant Pool. 

More $$$ = More Expectations not just hopes of #hit6

We have plenty of resources right now, which means we are also in great shape to rebound better/more quickly from bad decisions/luck.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

17 hours ago, greenminer said:

We have plenty of resources right now, which means we are also in great shape to rebound better/more quickly from bad decisions/luck.

let's hope for a quick recovery, I guess culture is changing when fans now expect 8-9 wins every season. 2020 will be telling

23 hours ago, untbowler said:

High Expectations

17 minutes ago, untbowler said:

culture is changing when fans now expect 8-9 wins every season

I'm curious who you give credit to for these two statements? I would argue that this is a product of what SL has done here. It's a result of the culture and program he has been building.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, DentonLurker said:

I'm curious who you give credit to for these two statements? I would argue that this is a product of what SL has done here. It's a result of the culture and program he has been building.

Great points. I think many of us have been guilty of knee-jerk reactions and, for some, tantrums and endless tirades due to a false entitlement.

Its good that we are in a position to have expectations and we have SL and Wren to thank for that.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I credit Wren and the BOr for putting the $$$ and facilities out there. 

SL some credit for the 9 wins but longer look shows none have been world beaters and the blow outs tarnish that as well.

SL has raised expectations because of when and what he too over. I mean almost anything was going to be better than where we were when he got hired. We really need a win over another winning program at some point, though. That is the risk we run by giving him raises. And that’s why I don’t feel disappointed with the losses from a cost standpoint. Because it’s only problem if we go backwards and do the pre-McCarney type of leadership where we just wait until the known costs are all that matter for firing bad coaches. But I’ve said it for awhile now that the buyout of DMac should be viewed as the new dawn around here that uses performance as an equal metric to cost for keeping or firing a coach/AD.