HOW SAD.WE’ll MISS MASON

meangreenbob

28 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

This coaching staff knew what they had in Mason Fine the minute he stepped on the field against SMU at home his freshman year. We ALL knew!

YOU THINK THIS COACHING STAFF WOULD HAVE MADE DARN SURE THEY SURROUNDED HIM WITH ONE OF THE BEST OFFENSIVE LINES AT LEAST IN THE G5! 

NOPE. I WONDER WHY? 

I think they tried and it didn't work out  that way. Hopefully our team improves.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I think they'd tried and it didn't work out  that way. Hopefully our team improves.

I appreciate every kid that wears the green and white. I have for 48 years. But you have to wonder what Fine could have done if the OL would have just given him a couple seconds more. And hey, it could be poor coaching. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

Just now, meangreenbob said:

I appreciate every kid that wears the green and white. I have for 48 years. But you have to wonder what Fine could have done if the OL would have just given him a couple seconds more. 

Seconds would be an eternity. I would be happy to not see him get drilled every time he throws it. I see losing Harrell as one of the worst things to happen this season in particular.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

I appreciate every kid that wears the green and white. I have for 48 years. But you have to wonder what Fine could have done if the OL would have just given him a couple seconds more. And hey, it could be poor coaching. 

We’ve had past teams with 2 All Conference offensive linemen in the same year but no Mason Fine.

If the NFL thing doesn’t work out I’d love to see Fine as a Student Assistant Coach/ QB developer & a Recruiter. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

We’ve had past teams with 2 All Conference offensive linemen in the same year but no Mason Fine.

If the NFL thing doesn’t work out I’d love to see Fine as a Student Assistant Coach/ QB developer & a Recruiter. 

Nah.  Not sure what Mason’s major is, but he’ll be very successful outside of the football world.  I would have loved to have had him working for my company.  He has a bright future.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

This coaching staff knew what they had in Mason Fine the minute he stepped on the field against SMU at home his freshman year. We ALL knew!

YOU THINK THIS COACHING STAFF WOULD HAVE MADE DARN SURE THEY SURROUNDED HIM WITH ONE OF THE BEST OFFENSIVE LINES AT LEAST IN THE G5! 

NOPE. I WONDER WHY? 

Recruiting OL at the G5 level is always difficult.  We had some good OL recruits the past couple of seasons, but it usually takes, from what I understand, two seasons to get OL guys up to speed.  We hardly had any OL recruits in the first two seasons under SL.

All that being said, Chuck Langston was a back-up hire after our first OL coach got picked up by a P5 after the 2016 season. I am very disappointed we haven't reached out for a better OL coach after putting a lackluster OL on the field for 3 years. After the hits Fine took last year I can't believe Langston still has a god damned job.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, RBP79 said:

I'll suck back everything negative I thought and said about GH. At the time of this posting USC 17 nothing over Arizona.....

Pretty sure 98% of the people in the nation knew what Graham could do. We just took him for granted. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Recruiting OL at the G5 level is always difficult.  We had some good OL recruits the past couple of seasons, but it usually takes, from what I understand, two seasons to get OL guys up to speed.  We hardly had any OL recruits in the first two seasons under SL.

All that being said, Chuck Langston was a back-up hire after our first OL coach got picked up by a P5 after the 2016 season. I am very disappointed we haven't reached out for a better OL coach after putting a lackluster OL on the field for 3 years. After the hits Fine took last year I can't believe Langston still has a god damned job.

Louisiana Tech, So Miss, Marshall, etc. do not seem to have a problem with recruiting linemen.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1