Win Out and We Are CUSA Western Division Champions

ADLER

18 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

What???  In Berkeley, we had the ball with 3 minutes left and a chance to win the game. Granted, we buried ourselves in the 1st quarter, but then whipped at GOOD Pac12 team that was top 25 until they lost their QB. I was at that game, and we played pretty good the last 3/4 of the game. 

I was there too, and I agree we played well.  I was proud of the guys even in the loss.

However, we've shown absolutely nothing on the road other than that.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

We aren't back... But the 2019 Team + Littrell Homers are inspirational in their blind eye towards reality.

So, I am a "Littrell Homer" for factually stating that we are guaranteed a share of the CUSA Western Division championship if we win all our remaining games, and that we can win it outright and possibly host the championship game if, in addition, USM loses to either Marshall or FAU.

These aren't opinions. These are facts.

So then, who has their blind eye towards reality?

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Defensive issues asside our OL is just not good enough to protect Fine against good teams.  If we do get to a Bowl game I fear another blow out.  I think Mason, and our skill position players have disguised an average OL.  This year they are below average and the poor snaps make everything harder for the offense. 

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3

On 10/21/2019 at 7:57 AM, Mike Jackson said:

Defensive issues asside our OL is just not good enough to protect Fine against good teams.  If we do get to a Bowl game I fear another blow out.  I think Mason, and out skill position players have disguised an average OL.  This year they are below average and the poor snaps make everything harder for the offense. 

I believe the OL is a lot better than many like you believe. 

NT is second in scoring and total offense in the league.  Siggers is the second leading rusher, would be first if not injured in last game.  Fine is second in yards passing. 

Not exactly below average numbers.   Fine's quick release helps those numbers, but there is a reason that NT's running game is a big asset this year. 

NT's team is just not good enough against good teams.  A positive, however is with the exception of ACU; the conference is not likely to have many teams if any as good as the oc slate. 

NT's big problems are on the defensive side.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

GENIYASA

If North Texas wins its remaining games, including the November 9 game against La Tech in Ruston, the Mean Green are guaranteed to be CUSA Western Division Champions.

You may be a Russian BOT program, but damn, what you say does sound like pure genius.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 10/22/2019 at 9:26 AM, GrandGreen said:

NT is second in scoring and total offense in the league.  Siggers is the second leading rusher, would be first if not injured in last game.  Fine is second in yards passing. 

Not exactly below average numbers.   Fine's quick release helps those numbers, but there is a reason that NT's running game is a big asset this year. 

NT's team is just not good enough against good teams.  A positive, however is with the exception of ACU; the conference is not likely to have many teams if any as good as the oc slate. 

Was it Vince Lombardy who said DEFENSE wins championships?  

Our last bowl win proved that point at North Texas.

GMG!

• Upvote 1

On 10/22/2019 at 9:26 AM, GrandGreen said:

image.png.799d67f92867896d59dfbb9d20098563.png

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1