Albino Squirrel Mascot?

Moobs

1 hour ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

At least its a clean mascot suit unlike dirty scrappy.  Doesn't bother me if people take pictures with it and get a kick out of it I say worth it.

Scrappy's whole suit is a dirty embarrassment year after year.  Each year I mistakenly expect I'll see him and his suit is clean, and each season when he comes out he's dirtier than the year before.

Seems a bit short sighted to get a bright white mascot uniform when we can't get a green/yellow one from being covered in black.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If this thing becomes a part of our regular Gameday in any way official, I’m out...I’ve put up with so much shit from this place for decades. But this would be the line too far...minus 1 all you want, but that thing is Stupid to even try and relate to the North Texas Mean Green Eagles.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

If it’s being promoted as an official tradition then I think it shits on every tradition we have and is a middle finger to every alumni that sees it.

Rick

I’m fairly certain that spending $1,000+ on that thing, slapping a UNT shirt on it and marching it around the stadium qualifies as an “official tradition”. 

Sad, but true.  😓

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Alabama & an Elephant?

The kid’s sitting around me loved the Albino Squirrel. 

770358AA-D127-493F-A67C-9DFB089552BC.jpeg.0707ffaf7354352c05cba6dc2c14871d.jpeg

I’m not sure what correlation you’re trying to make here. They are the Crimson Tide and use an elephant as a mascot. We are the Mean Green and use an eagle. You can add Stanford Cardinal and their tree to the list too. All similar situations. Except that they know what they are. I don’t see Alabama or Stanford running out any alternate mascots... not that I’m paying much attention to their programs. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

If this thing becomes a part of our regular Gameday in any way official, I’m out...I’ve put up with so much shit from this place for decades. But this would be the line too far...minus 1 all you want, but that thing is Stupid to even try and relate to the North Texas Mean Green Eagles.

hahaha a mascot outfit that has zero effect on you or the football team is what pushes you over the line? 😂 thats so sad, shows the type of fans we have. You would think a horrible Oline getting our QB killed or horrible playcalling might. But no a mascot suit does 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Ray 4
  • Downvote 6

6 minutes ago, Udomann said:

A good portion of ya'll have outlived the old tradition. This is the new. It's for the young to bring in what they see as fun and enjoyable.

For the rest of you, I think there's a rerun of M.A.S.H on

Try something new. you might enjoy it

I don’t have a problem with new, but I do have a problem with dumb.

That thing looks like a lab rat that escaped .

• Upvote 2

That this conversation even exists is a travesty.

UT doesn’t run out a fucking guinea pig during games.  Penn State didn’t give a rat a moment in the spotlight.  And Alabama didn’t do some asinine bullshit like throwing a hamster out there...and then insult everyone’s intelligence by saying something utterly retarded like “it’s time to try some new traditions.”  

We roll a damn albino squirrel out there and have the audacity to pretend that a running gag that should have died a painful death a long time ago is still funny.  I finally understand why the rest of the world can’t take North Texas seriously...we don’t even take ourselves seriously.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

I think it is embarrassing.   We are a program looking to build its reputation and standing among other schools and conferences.  This is what we roll out?  "oh look.....its Lucky the Albino Squirrel....

Every f'ing campus in the nation has squirrels.  We are the only ones paying for a costume and promoting it as a tradition.  As if we had any control over the albino squirrel population.....

Traditions usually have some human interaction passed down from generation to generation.  The squirrel is a rodent that just happens to live on your campus.

pathetic

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3

5 hours ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

Stupid. Don’t understand the love for that animal. 

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

This is so North Texas...ridiculous

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Wait until we get the student body to vote on this Albino Squirrel being our main mascot soon enough again...

3 hours ago, Stix said:

And the worst part was having Scrappy hug the darn thing

4 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

If it’s being promoted as an official tradition then I think it shits on every tradition we have and is a middle finger to every alumni that sees it.

Rick

stripes lighten GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1