***OFFICIAL MUTS vs. UNT Game Thread***

letsgiveacheer

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I never post during a game, and I really hate singling out a single player, but I’m extremely frustrated with Brammer’s play.

IMO, that single change (Mayfield/Brammer) is the biggest reason for the OL woes, & he’s gonna get Fine killed.   He is CONSTANTLY beat, & gives about 75% effort on just about every play.

Hes had lots of opportunities to get better & it’s not happening.  Surely Parish or someone else can do better.

Brammer is a converted tight end and this is his first year starting. I am not making excuses for his playing ability but even last year I thought him starting this year might bring problems. Heard in last year's commentary that he was facing lot of challenges in his position. Don't know if it is his foot work.

2 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

Brammer is a converted tight end and this is his first year starting. I am not making excuses for his playing ability but even last year I thought him starting this year might bring problems. Heard in last year's commentary that he was facing lot of challenges in his position. Don't know if it is his foot work.

I don’t recall Brammer ever playing TE here, & he had lots of run last year playing behind Murray at LT.  He actually overtook Murray for a few starts because Murray was underachieving, then Murray was re-inserted because Brammer’s play was so poor.  

I’m not saying he’s the only problem on OL (& that incriminates someone else rhyming with ‘Bangston’), but his man is coming around his kickout about half the time & Fine has a man bearing down at his chest (or his back if the play is going the other way).  Of course, Mason’s a tough gamer, so he’s gonna stand in there & make the throw, but then he gets plastered.  

I’m just tired of seeing Fine on the ground after not having more than 2 seconds to throw... meanwhile, MTSU’s dude has 3-4 seconds to throw or choose to run.

• Upvote 2