Seth Littrell's Record

TheColonyEagle

I made the point in another thread that Littrell has taken advantage of weak OOC schedules and bad conference opponents and he and his agent turned that into a big deal...some took issue with that sentiment. But...this speaks for itself:

So if my math is correct....that means Littrell is 20-6 vs FCS and FBS with losing records. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Littrell will be here next year, but NT could terminate him at any time.  

His buyout is 30% of his remaining contract.  That would amount to about $1.5m at the end of the season.   A lot of money, but not undoable, if this program continue its downward projection.   

This will not happen, but it could be an option after next year.   The buyout then would be approximately a million.  His contract runs through June, 2023.

Littrell was an oc with no hc experience.  It is likely and certainly possible, that as he gains experience; he will become a significantly  better coach particular on the defensive side. 

Edited by GrandGreen

28 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Littrell will be here next year, but NT could terminate him at any time.  

His buyout is 30% of his remaining contract.  That would amount to about $1.5m at the end of the season.   A lot of money, but not undoable, if this program continue its downward projection.   

I could be wrong, but I think his price to buy out the contract and our price to buyout the contract are different. Not that that should even be considered at this point. 

• Upvote 2

If the players still believe in him they will rally and pull off some wins. If they completely melt down this Saturday is it on the players or are the players trying to tell us something? I hope they rally this weekend 😕 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 2

The green koolaid part of me wants to think that maybe LIttrell has actually out coached his talent level to some degree to this point given how lowly rated his first 3 classes were (Yes...I know that's his responsibility too, that 101st ranked 3rd class is still a head scratcher to me)

But he's not going anywhere for the next couple of years...so my hope is that we will get back on the national stage competing for a conference championship year after next? His 4th class (1st "good" class) will be roughly juniors and the 2020 class (his best yet if they stick) will be sophomores. 

But who knows......

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I could be wrong, but I think his price to buy out the contract and our price to buyout the contract are different. Not that that should even be considered at this point. 

You are correct.  We owe him every penny if we fire him, and it's way too early to discuss that.

The buyout is the amount he has to pay out to us if he terminates the contract early.  

This is all fairly standard and it has been since before we returned to 1a.

18 minutes ago, meanrob said:

I’m not making excuses for SL but how many G5 coaches have a winning record against winning FBS teams? Two? Three? 

Just like his games vs winning FBS teams. He’s not barely losing with a 9-11 record. He’s getting blown out to the tune of 5-15 vs them. 

How many G5 coaches make the money he makes?

Top 10 paid coach in G5. Highest paid in the conference. How many on the top 10 list are 5-15 and have never won their conference?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meanrob said:

I’m not making excuses for SL but how many G5 coaches have a winning record against winning FBS teams? Two? Three? 

Just a few coaches off the top of my head I looked up.

Eliah Drinkwitz, App State: 3-0 so far in 2019.

Scott Satterfield, App State: 14-10 between 2014-2018

Scott Frost, UCF: 8-6 from  2016-2017.

Bryan Harsin, Boise St: 31-13 from 2014-present.

Jeff Tedford, Fresno St: 11-8 from 2017-present.

Rocky Long, San Diego St: 21-28 from 2011-present.  (not a winning record but better than most over a span of 8 1/2 seasons).

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Just a few coaches off the top of my head I looked up.

Eliah Drinkwitz, App State: 3-0 so far in 2019.

Scott Satterfield, App State: 14-10 between 2014-2018

Scott Frost, UCF: 8-6 from  2016-2017.

Bryan Harsin, Boise St: 31-13 from 2014-present.

Jeff Tedford, Fresno St: 11-8 from 2017-present.

Rocky Long, San Diego St: 21-28 from 2011-present.  (not a winning record but better than most over a span of 8 1/2 seasons).

Rick

Tedford is a gift from the Football gods to Fresno St.   He is a very very good coach, and wasn't able to do much at the coaching graveyard, Cal... it's like going to Lawrence.  You don't go there to win.

Unfortunately, it looks like SMU got the same gift in Dykes.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

All this talk about getting rid of SL is ridiculous at this point.

I agree. And I’m not advocating getting rid of him.  

But his record speaks for itself. And his agent got UNT to pay. 

that’s fine. 

But Littrell is making “you don’t go 5-15” money now. So fix it  

We showed. Now you show. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, FirefightnRick said:

Agree.  However, no thanks to us Dykes is sitting at 5-6 thru 1 1/2 season’s vs winning programs.

Rick

Not sure how he did against winning teams at LATech, but he turned them around quickly, and despite a 5-7 record his first year, wound up with a 22-15 record through 3 years as well prior to Skip getting there.

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I agree. And I’m not advocating getting rid of him.  

But his record speaks for itself. And his agent got UNT to pay. 

that’s fine. 

But Littrell is making “you don’t go 5-15” money now. So fix it  

We showed. Now you show. 

I'm wondering if we've seen the high water mark of Reff's defense already (last year's salty defense was very good!), and he won't be able to replicate it again.  

And I do believe there's 1 more piece Littrell needs to send packing as he did with coach Brown last year.  But he's a dear friend, so that may not happen... and Littrell's career is going to suffer for it.  As in, no more KSU-like offers.  Pretty sure everyone in the P5 world is paying attention to what's going on at Arkansas and will not make the same error.

• Upvote 1