attendance

southsideguy

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Well, Travy, your bizarre rant about being forced to go to games (which only you have brought up) continues to miss the point.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about whether significant fan support can pull a program out of the doldrums. It most certainly can and we have the numbers to do it.  We just don’t. And if the attitude is that anytime we play a couple of bad games that this team deserves 5,000 people in the stands, we never will.  

Mattykins, 

I am on point. If you think we have a responsibility to go to games and support the program - whether we want to or not - is exactly the point I am making against. Why would anyone want to waste their time at a bad show? Ain’t no one got time for that! thus, I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to put their time or money into this. The onus is on the athletic program and not the fans. 
Also, you only need to look to this season to programs being poorly attended (both past and present) and see that they can still build a quality product - SMU, App State come to mind immediately. But it is that way almost everywhere. Even here in Boise we see that with BSU. 

Also, social contract theory is bullshit. And so are flat earthers. Lebron James is a moron. And DD was a terrible coach. And I think the whole Ray (Tune’s dog) bit is entirely overplayed this season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Travis said:

Mattykins, 

I am on point. If you think we have a responsibility to go to games and support the program - whether we want to or not - is exactly the point I am making against. Why would anyone want to waste their time at a bad show? Ain’t no one got time for that! thus, I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to put their time or money into this. The onus is on the athletic program and not the fans. 
Also, you only need to look to this season to programs being poorly attended (both past and present) and see that they can still build a quality product - SMU, App State come to mind immediately. But it is that way almost everywhere. Even here in Boise we see that with BSU. 

Also, social contract theory is bullshit. And so are flat earthers. Lebron James is a moron. And DD was a terrible coach. And I think the whole Ray (Tune’s dog) bit is entirely overplayed this season. 

Not even worth having a debate with you if all you’re going to do is put words in my mouth (over and over again). Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and GMG!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mean Green Matt said:

Not even worth having a debate with you if all you’re going to do is put words in my mouth (over and over again). Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and GMG!

Well what’s the fun in this then if you aren’t going to let me build an argument through reduction fallacy of your own argument?! You say you want me to enjoy the rest of my Sunday but then you also say this. You disappoint me and are a murderer of joy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Man our fanbase sucks. 

Damn these Debbie Downers and Murderers of Joy.

Simple facts: These were two 2-4 G5 level teams, and the game was being played early on Saturday.

Students have shown they'll show well for night games, even if its a weeknight game. Staring into the sun for 3 hours is a beating.

Alumni have shown that they wont go to early games until late in the season. There are just too many other daytime obligations.

So, fewer students were drawn to this game, and considering the records of the competitors, few single game tickets were sold.

20181211-RVS-Hotels-19-Camera-Point-002-

And There You Have It

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, ADLER said:

Simple facts: These were two 2-4 G5 level teams, and the game was being played early on Saturday.

Students have shown they'll show well for night games, even if its a weeknight game. Staring into the sun for 3 hours is a beating.

Alumni have shown that they wont go to early games until late in the season. There are just too many other daytime obligations.

So, fewer students were drawn to this game, and considering the records of the competitors, few single game tickets were sold.

And There You Have It

Most definitely.

in past decades I cannot remember any early to mid-afternoon well attended crowd at Fouts or Apogee; unless it would be the SMU game when we kicked major Pony tail & put June Jones in the street ministry full time.

NOVEMBER CAN BE A PROBLEM.....especially if it’s cold & rainy (or snowy).  Coach Fry’s last game as North Texas HFC was on a frosty night in late November as the Mean Green beat Memphis (St).  Thought we had a chance to be picked for a bowl of which back then you could count all the Bowl games on 2 hands & 2 feet.  We didn’t—he left for the Big 10. 

GMG!

Yesterday afternoon off Mockingbird Lane, University Park.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Most definitely.

in past decades I cannot remember any early to mid-afternoon well attended crowd at Fouts or Apogee; unless it would be the SMU game when we kicked major Pony tail & put June Jones in the street ministry full time.

NOVEMBER CAN BE A PROBLEM.....especially if it’s cold & rainy (or snowy).  Coach Fry’s last game as North Texas HFC was on a frosty night in late November as the Mean Green beat Memphis (St).  Thought we had a chance to be picked for a bowl of which back then you could count all the Bowl games on 2 hands & 2 feet.  We didn’t—he left for the Big 10. 

GMG!

Yesterday afternoon off Mockingbird Lane, University Park.

That is absolutely pitiful. lol. A ranked, undefeated team deserves better. Much better. Even SMU. I feel for the kids that get tricked into going to that cesspool. I thought our fans didn't care...Sheesh. Apogee would be rockin' if we were ranked and undefeated. No doubt about it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:37 AM, MeanGreen22 said:

While true, we need to be honest with ourselves. SMU and Houston are on a different plane than us. Getting whacked by SoMiss is vastly different than Houston. This win against MTSU is a step in the right direction for the year. This team is an above average CUSA team. As long as we treat them as such, we’ll be okay with the year. 

So. Miss. was bigger, faster, stronger, as were SMU and Houston. I don't know about Cal. Regarding attendance, the main problem is with students. I was surprised to learn that at Houston game we had about 9,000 students in attendance, which is pitiful for a school the size of UNT. Just an old man's opinion.

22 hours ago, ADLER said:

And There You Have It

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't our starting times based on TV? And, yes, that includes streaming...

9 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Attendance woes at a small private school shouldn’t make anyone here feel any better about our issues.

I think everyone is just lamenting that if UNT were in SMU's shoes (undefeated & top-20 ranking), Apogee would be over capacity every week.   And the fact it's SMU that's having the attendance struggles gives folks a distraction from the lackluster year we've had so far.

14 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Attendance woes at a small private school shouldn’t make anyone here feel any better about our issues.

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

It shouldn't, but it's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart. 

For a university that claims to be Dallas' program, it's a bit of a joke. 

Our issues are ours. But those issues are to be expected while being 2-4 as was Saturday. 

On 10/20/2019 at 11:39 AM, Cerebus said:

Nope. UNT faculy/staff party full price.  The can sign some paperwork to have the cost deducted monthly from their pay, but there is no discount.

Then there is something else going on... More than ever, I'm convinced there are folks out there getting $5000 sets of 40yd line Hub Club tix for less than comparable 100 level seats.  Maybe I should have attempted to negotiate... Who knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Eye Roll 1