attendance

southsideguy

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

That just isn't true. Most people that get on here to talk football are the one's rarely missing football games. The group on this forum is the group that is a part of that 10-12K when attendance is pitiful (at 10-12K). The people that really matter are the one's that are fence sitters. And they are not going to hop on this side of the fence with a poor team. It's just not reality. Something has to be done to capture their attention and garner it for years to come. A 2-4 UNT team hosting a 2-4 Middle Tennessee State University football team is not going to raise the interest of these people. 

And the reality of SBCUSA logistics doesn’t help. Even if we were 4-2 and MUTS was 4-2, no more than a 100 people would ever be here from Middle tennessee because it’s too damn far and nobody gives two $hit$ about them around here. Until this changes, I don’t care what Eastern team you bring here, you aren’t going to see it ever move the needle towards 25k in real butts in seats.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

OH MUTS!  In my Junior year (1975) we beat a 7 & 4 Tennessee Vols 21-14. (In ‘75 I didn’t know there was a MUTS). We also beat the UH Coogs 28-0 in 1975 & now I’m closing in as a 70 yo grump thinking some things around here just did not progress as fast as many of us had hoped; like other former Missouri Valley Conference schools who did progress with new 40,000 seat stadiums & who also had the audacity to think big.  I’ve just never figured out why we stayed in some kind of time warp & with some on this forum who all but feel comfortable with it.

Still too many OldDenton types around from those who are apparently even in their 20’s & 30’s.  (Guess it’s an acquired attitude—hope our 2019 record-breaking Freshmen class avoid it).  So 3 steps forward—5 steps backward time again?  God I hope not.  Some of us are running out of any kind of steps & time——on earth.

I’ll be at Apogee tomorrow watching the youth movement yet hoping for a strong 2019 finish & then an “instant recruiting class” that will vault us into what I hope is in some kind of a MG football mission statement— as in Top 25 rankings?   •SMU has made that look so damn easy, except I know what Apogee’s stands will look like when we actually get there.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

19 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

In my Junior year (1975) we beat a 7 & 4 Tennessee Vols 21-14. (In ‘75 I didn’t know there was a MUTS). We also beat the UH Coogs 28-0 

Damn!  What a junior year.  And to think about that being your standard of expectations ever since. 

That’s quite a tough ass row to hoe as a college football fan Jimmy boy.  I commend you for coming back year after year.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Damn!  What a junior year.  And to think about that being your standard of expectations ever since. 

That’s quite a tough ass row to hoe as a college football fan Jimmy boy.  I commend you for coming back year after year.

Rick

That I975 football season became the standard for many on GMG, FFR, except for those who came later & set low (or no) goals. Most are happy where we’re headed in spite of this detour we’ve had. This team had to almost be 100% healthy to go where we wanted to go this Fall.

➡️ On another front:  My usual 59 minute drive from Parker County to Apogee  became  a 1.5 hour drive today because of the Air Show at Alliance.  I detoured from Apogee  & now sit comfortably inside NY SubHub eating a cold whole #3 (ham) on Italian, cut the cheese & extra Italian dressing, please. 

Yall have a great Homecoming at Tarlton with your son ! 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2