attendance

southsideguy

I think we will get 14.766 for the next home game.  WE finally had the crowd building and then this, the UNT way.  IF SL leaves Frank Wilson might be available. I am not serious. Can we get out of the A&M game next year.  They will show no mercy to us after getting beat up in the SEC every year.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

I think we will get 14.766 for the next home game.  WE finally had the crowd building and then this, the UNT way.  IF SL leaves Frank Wilson might be available. I am not serious. Can we get out of the A&M game next year.  They will show no mercy to us after getting beat up in the SEC every year.  

I say 15k, and no no Frank sucks and TAMU gives us money in which we need. We are already losing 2 games in UH and TAMU so

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Back down the latter we go, damn this hurts. 

You would think WB/SL would issue an apology and vow to correct it UH style. But, nope. Barricading the doors and windows and rolling with the bunker mentality. Oh, how it's all different but yet the same. 

I'm just glad WB used up all his 'best fall sport season in UNT history' tweets last year. The fall is steep and I'm afraid basketball will turn into a nose dive. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

On the bright side, SMU might have a sellout in Dallas this Saturday...

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, akriesman said:

Jeez guys.

I am not happy about the season either.    But, IMO there could be some positives come out of it.

For one, we could really use some continued stability with the coaching staff.     The fact that we are struggling a bit will keep the vultures away from Seth for a while (yes, that is a good thing).    Bodie Reeder may nor may not be the answer at OC.    He may just need a season or two to work out the kinks here.   Reffett needs some more talent (and experience) on D before we can really expect them to take the next step up. 

Siggers is a stud that could be here for 2 more years.    Bussey may be back next year with some young receiving talent.    The young D should be better next year.    

We don't have a Mason Fine on the roster next year.  But, we do have some potential talent at the QB position coming up.

This year has been a complete let down and the attendance will probably take a hit.    But, we still have a bright future and having upper-echelon CUSA recruiting classes the last few seasons certainly doesn't hurt.

I certainly don't think the program is on a downward swing.   Instead, it is most likely more of a temporary dip.

We don't know that and that's the concerning part of all this. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

You would think WB/SL would issue an apology and vow to correct it UH style. But, nope. Barricading the doors and windows and rolling with the bunker mentality. Oh, how it's all different but yet the same. 

I'm just glad WB used up all his 'best fall sport season in UNT history' tweets last year. The fall is steep and I'm afraid basketball will turn into a nose dive. 

nah I have a good feeling on what Coach Mac has done. They got some really solid JUCO guards, and more height and depth. They should finish in the top 4

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Just curious, why do you think basketball will have a nose dive.

This year looks promising to me.  

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 10/14/2019 at 10:45 AM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

UH style?  Telling the majority of your team you are mailing it in for the rest of the year?  Don't think so.  Do you ever read your posts before hitting submit?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2019 at 11:52 AM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We don't know that and that's the concerning part of all this. 

Recruiting tends to be a good predictor of future success, so based on this year's and last year's classes, we are headed in the right direction.  I can't believe you of eternal optimism can't see this.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

38 minutes ago, greenminer said:

It’s just weird to me that you present yourself online this way before you know one way or the other. 

I'm not presenting myself one way or another. I see the writing clearly on the wall and I'm not hesitant to point it out. I'm confident in a poor season next year, unfortunately. The DL needed attention in the 2018 class, serious attention. MF has been given the opportunity to stat monger in spite of the future. So with no proven defensive commodities, an average at best OL, and basically a freshman QB starting, regardless of their class designation, the future is bleak. The recruiting staff must hit on JUCO kids, grad transfers, and transfer portal players to right their previous wrongs. Otherwise, fasten your seatbelt...The ride might get bumpy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm not presenting myself one way or another. I see the writing clearly on the wall and I'm not hesitant to point it out. I'm confident in a poor season next year, unfortunately. The DL needed attention in the 2018 class, serious attention. MF has been given the opportunity to stat monger in spite of the future. So with no proven defensive commodities, an average at best OL, and basically a freshman QB starting, regardless of their class designation, the future is bleak. The recruiting staff must hit on JUCO kids, grad transfers, and transfer portal players to right their previous wrongs. Otherwise, fasten your seatbelt...The ride might get bumpy. 

Care to define ‘poor’?  Maybe even attach a record to it?

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

14 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Care to define ‘poor’?  Maybe even attach a record to it?

Not sure. But not something one would expect a coach getting paid the amount SL is getting paid going into year 5. He had his agent negotiate this pay scale for him (swindling UNT btw), so he accepts the responsibility of the expectations of having success. 

Nevertheless, for starters, I can all but guarantee another 1-3 OOC record. Jack Abraham is only a RS SO, so that's a probable L if this year in any indication. Rice is on the up n up, so that's a toss up. So, we're at 1-4-1 as of right now. Charlotte, @UTSA, and UTEP (getting to have 2 of those in that stretch at home will help). So, let's say we sweep those, but that's no gimme. That puts us around 4-4-1. At Middle and then or course the probable L to La Tech, hopefully a split at best? 5-5-1. Then a probable L @UAB. 5-6-1...And given all of our unknowns, that may be looked at as a best case scenario. So, with that, the highest paid coach in the conference (top 10 G5 salary, I believe), we may be looking at a 5-7/6-6 record for a best case scenario going into year 5. I would imagine our win total being set by Vegas somewhere between 4-5. I would define that as poor. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I’m def with you with any concerns regarding OL play. It’s the first thing I look for when trying to gauge future success.

but we managed a couple 9 win seasons under Litrell with the current OL...which was also sub par, correct?

will 2020 OL play be sub-par? The previous two seasons suggest anything is possible.

• Upvote 1

Next year will be very tough. The schedule is MUCH harder than it has been since SL’s first year. 1-3 is to be expected in OOC play, as SMU has it rolling with Sonny and the transfers. UH always prison rapes us, and A&M is paying us to get pummeled in CS. Then, as we break in a new QB behind what would certainly appear to be a suspect OL still, we probably lose to the tougher and more physical CUSA west teams in La Tech, Southern Miss, and UAB. Mix in a probable loss at MUTS, and I see the best case scenario being 5-7, with the wins being over the Texas CUSA spares and Charlotte along with the FCS game. Yuck...

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I can’t wait for the day when attendance at UNT isn’t dependent on what happens on the field. For this program to go next level, we have got to drive up ticket sales and scholarship fund donors, and we have to get over all the excuses to not support this program. That’s going to be the biggest hurdle we face if/when a conference shake up happens in the near future.

That is a dream that will happen probably never

• Sad 1

On 10/15/2019 at 8:39 PM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Not sure. But not something one would expect a coach getting paid the amount SL is getting paid going into year 5. He had his agent negotiate this pay scale for him (swindling UNT btw), so he accepts the responsibility of the expectations of having success. 

Nevertheless, for starters, I can all but guarantee another 1-3 OOC record. Jack Abraham is only a RS SO, so that's a probable L if this year in any indication. Rice is on the up n up, so that's a toss up. So, we're at 1-4-1 as of right now. Charlotte, @UTSA, and UTEP (getting to have 2 of those in that stretch at home will help). So, let's say we sweep those, but that's no gimme. That puts us around 4-4-1. At Middle and then or course the probable L to La Tech, hopefully a split at best? 5-5-1. Then a probable L @UAB. 5-6-1...And given all of our unknowns, that may be looked at as a best case scenario. So, with that, the highest paid coach in the conference (top 10 G5 salary, I believe), we may be looking at a 5-7/6-6 record for a best case scenario going into year 5. I would imagine our win total being set by Vegas somewhere between 4-5. I would define that as poor. 

Cannot agree any more.

It's pretty simple in my mind....Littrell is going to HAVE to pull an SMU for next year (maybe not on that large of a scale but he's going to have to get some bodies in here) We are going to have to bridge to the 2019/2020 classes developing. If he doesn't, then yes...6-6 could be the best hope and attendance and ticket sales will respond accordingly (like they do with 90% of the football programs out there)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Tomorrow’s attendance will tell all how close to the next level Mean Green fandom is.  

This next level business is a 2 way street.

(Sorry, but it’s the truth). 

GMG!

That just isn't true. Most people that get on here to talk football are the one's rarely missing football games. The group on this forum is the group that is a part of that 10-12K when attendance is pitiful (at 10-12K). The people that really matter are the one's that are fence sitters. And they are not going to hop on this side of the fence with a poor team. It's just not reality. Something has to be done to capture their attention and garner it for years to come. A 2-4 UNT team hosting a 2-4 Middle Tennessee State University football team is not going to raise the interest of these people. 

• Upvote 2