Michael Lawrence

Big Z

Brodie sucks! Damnit, pass the ball, quick crossing routes; could have burned SMU 10 times with crossing routes. Defense, are we so weak we can’t afford to blitz the quarterback, answer is yes, our cover corners are slow as shit. The entire defensive line is way too slow and undersized...season is lost, Fine has missed throw after throw all season, no answer for this one.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNT78 said:

Brodie sucks! Damnit, pass the ball, quick crossing routes; could have burned SMU 10 times with crossing routes. Defense, are we so weak we can’t afford to blitz the quarterback, answer is yes, our cover corners are slow as shit. The entire defensive line is way too slow and undersized...season is lost, Fine has missed throw after throw all season, no answer for this one.

No no no. Mason had about 1 second to throw the ball against SMU. Also those DBs were SEC size and very fast. 

Overall yes, Fine has missed quite a bit of throws that are uncharacteristic, but I think its because of Bodie 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Overall yes, Fine has missed quite a bit of throws that are uncharacteristic, but I think its because of Bodie 

Have you noticed... During the GH era every time Mason had a bad game it was GH's fault, now it Bodie's fault. I love Mason, but he needs to be help accountable for his play.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Have you noticed... During the GH era every time Mason had a bad game it was GH's fault, now it Bodie's fault. I love Mason, but he needs to be help accountable for his play.

Yes I agree with that. Mason hasn't been himself, but a part of that is because of Bodie. He has never looked like this in his career. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big Z said:

Law man didn’t have one catch the whole night. Sad

Lawrence actually had one catch for 15 yards, but the box score, at least the one I saw on the CBS Sports app., incorrectly credited defensive player, Joe Ozougwu, the other number 32.  Same thing happened with not crediting Loren Easly for his rushes...gave them to the other number 23, KD Davis.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Yes I agree with that. Mason hasn't been himself, but a part of that is because of Bodie. He has never looked like this in his career. 

It seems like he might have an injury that he is trying to work through rather than resting and healing.

At this point, it makes you wonder why he is not resting. I think, and hopefully I am wrong, that Seth is too focused on padding his stats rather than preparing for the future. Perhaps it's because he plans on this being his last year here?

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

To be fair, I have not heard Mason fail to hold himself accountable and place blame at the feet of the OC.  Kid is a hard worker and needs to keep working to exorcise whatever demons have taken him over.  That said, I think he may be playing with some undisclosed injuries that are not quick to heal, and are getting aggravated.   That was apparent last night with his left shoulder.   It’s concerning that he appeared to have a nagging injury coming out of a bye week.  

• Upvote 6

Just now, Big E said:

Lawrence actually had one catch for 15 yards, but the box score, at least the one I saw on the CBS Sports app., incorrectly credited defensive player, Joe Ozougwu, the other number 32.  Same thing happened with not crediting Loren Easly for his rushes...gave them to the other number 23, KD Davis.

Honest question - why do we have players sharing numbers?

Just now, UNT 90 Grad said:

To be fair, I have not heard Mason fail to hold himself accountable and place blame at the feet of the OC.  Kid is a hard worker and needs to keep working to exorcise whatever demons have taken him over.  That said, I think he may be playing with some undisclosed injuries that are not quick to heal, and are getting aggravated.   That was apparent last night with his left shoulder.   It’s concerning that he appeared to have a nagging injury coming out of a bye week.  

Agree, I have never heard Mason not step up. He is such a competitor that he will continue to push forward until he absolutely cannot. 

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

That’s pretty common in college, as long as they play on opposite sides of the ball.  However, we did get flagged on special teams once this year for having two players on the field with the same number, as I recall. 

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

It’s a great question, because as I look through the roster we have quite a few numbers not being used.  I guess they let the players choose and as long as they don’t duplicate numbers on one side of the ball, they can do it.  But it confuses announcers and stat keepers that don’t follow our team regularly.

5 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It seems like he might have an injury that he is trying to work through rather than resting and healing.

At this point, it makes you wonder why he is not resting. I think, and hopefully I am wrong, that Seth is too focused on padding his stats rather than preparing for the future. Perhaps it's because he plans on this being his last year here?

I think you are on to something there, because he has been very slow to get up after taking hits, getting sacked, knocked down, etc... this season, especially the past several games.

9 hours ago, Travis said:

We have never seen mason so off like this. I do put much of the blame on Reeder. He is in over his head. 

Yes, and no. Mason has missed a lot of wide open receivers this year. Maybe Reeder has not been able to help him with that "competitive edge" that GH could.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Big E said:

Correct, Lawrence had one catch on a ball thrown by Jason Bean.