Wren , I Know You Must Be Watching This ... !

cogido

Dear Wren,

absolutely love the facilities !  Apogee, the IPF, track and soccer complex !  But why has the football program gone south in every phase of the game ?  Sorry, but it feels like deja vu all over again.  Would you please not tell us “that’s the way it goes in college football and that we’ve got it pretty good”. We heard that before year after year.  Love my UNT degrees, family season tickets across the board - PLEASE keep the bottom from dropping out yet again.

Edited by cogido
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 8
  • Downvote 8

Wren was on the sideline last night down near the UNT visitor section. As he was watching the game (in between sending texts) he was surprising calm about it all.  We weren't too far gone to come back by that point in the game, but he just was not emotional about the performance. 

Meanwhile a few feet behind him, those of us in the stands were losing our minds watching the bottom begin to drop out.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Meanwhile a few feet behind him, those of us in the stands were losing our minds watching the bottom begin to drop out.

Meanwhile, there were a few of us losing our minds at Killarney’s as well.   @bstnsportsfan3, I don’t think that chair that you took your frustrations out on last night will ever be the same.  Ha. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

We have no lines? How is that possible that this coaching staff did not build any lines? 

I am so pissed I can not see straight, that we are in the fourth year of our Seth's leadership and we don't have lines? WTF

Its been apparent since we played Abilene Christian, we could not get a push and  on them really either way without bringing the house.  Hell the lines on AC looked better, and bigger to me . Such a joke, I was really expecting this year's team to be the best once  in decades, Seth had four years to get all the parts in place. I am most sad for Mason, I really  wanted to see what Mason could do with some real protection. But clearly that did not happen and what I did not really think could get worse got worse into some joke of a team.  Mason had ran for his life every year he has been here. I half hope he gets hurt and has to get a medical redshirt so we can have a redo. But I don't expect we have any lineman coming up. Where is our strength trainer? Cant we fill in the gaps with some Jucos? There has to be some tranfers out there.

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

We have no lines? How is that possible that this coaching staff did not build any lines? 

I am so pissed I can not see straight, that we are in the fourth year of our Seth's leadership and we don't have lines? WTF

Its been apparent since we played Abilene Christian, we could not get a push and  on them really either way without bringing the house.  Hell the lines on AC looked better, and bigger to me . Such a joke, I was really expecting this year's team to be the best once  in decades, Seth had four years to get all the parts in place. I am most sad for Mason, I really  wanted to see what Mason could do with some real protection. But clearly that did not happen and what I did not really think could get worse got worse into some joke of a team.  Mason had ran for his life every year he has been here. I half hope he gets hurt and has to get a medical redshirt so we can have a redo. But I don't expect we have any lineman coming up. Where is our strength trainer? Cant we fill in the gaps with some Jucos? There has to be some tranfers out there.

These linemen make Jordan Murray seem like an All American when he was in green and white.  Sure he had pass blocking issues at the left tackle spot but he seemed to do a good job at run blocking.  Am I wrong?

what we have now is ridiculous.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Wren was on the sideline last night down near the UNT visitor section. As he was watching the game (in between sending texts) he was surprising calm about it all.  We weren't too far gone to come back by that point in the game, but he just was not emotional about the performance. 

He and Littrel get paid either way. It’s not like a company that has to be successful to thrive. Athletics is the one industry where you can be a failure and get a raise. I figured that out when I was about 9 years old. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

It was insane that after the Cal game and his shoulder injury that he got no time to heal.

Coach never talks about injuries—never! 

I think the Cal shoulder injury to Fine (plus having to run for his life for way too many plays)   & then losing his favorite receiver in the Cal game has hurt this team immensely.

“”IF” we’d had  2 All Conference caliber offensive linemen this Fall that would have been great in Fine’s last season, but—oh well.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE FOR “IN WREN WE TRUST” & HIS STAFF:

🔺Just visited CoogFans & there is a bunch of UH fans over there upset with their concessions & choices.  🔺 I’m  sure losing to #25 ranked Cincy’ yesterday made the beer even taste bitter but.......here are 2 Coog fans who liked what they got at the Apogee Stadium concessions.

48889_2.png
Contact North Texas & see who they use. They were much better than UH
5  (likes)
22664_2.png
Exactly, see North Texas they know who to use.
2 (likes)

GMG!
Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

2013's team was so much more talented. They really should've won 11 games, and hosted the championship. They also hung in with georgia till the mid 3rd. 

Imagine if they would've had Fine and Bussey

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 10/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Emotionless AD... Emotionless Head Football Coach...

Glad to know they're emotionally ahead of all the rest of us.

We had an AD that was very emotional? Did you prefer that? It sure didn't help our results. McCarney could be a charismatic emotional guy. At my business, leadership has to remain calm, cool and collected. I think most great leaders try to stay on even keel and not go up and down with highs and lows. I get some of the criticism of the team's performance, the coaches and but criticizing our coach (and the AD) for not going nuts on the sideline doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Their entire livelihoods depend on the success of the team(s) so I'm pretty sure they're in invested.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, meangreenJW said:

We had an AD that was very emotional? Did you prefer that? It sure didn't help our results. McCarney could be a charismatic emotional guy. At my business, leadership has to remain calm, cool and collected. I think most great leaders try to stay on even keel and not go up and down with highs and lows. I get some of the criticism of the team's performance, the coaches and but criticizing our coach (and the AD) for not going nuts on the sideline doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Their entire livelihoods depend on the success of the team(s) so I'm pretty sure they're in invested.

Don’t really think the fans really want to see the AD or HC go ballistic. There is just a lot of frustration right now .

On 10/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Emotionless AD... Emotionless Head Football Coach...

Glad to know they're emotionally ahead of all the rest of us.

Yep, what we need to be successful is a couple of raving lunatics at the helm.

• Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep, what we need to be successful is a couple of raving lunatics at the helm.

4 hours ago, cogido said:

Don’t really think the fans really want to see the AD or HC go ballistic. There is just a lot of frustration right now .

I don't really see either of them doing anything.  I guess they'll have to say something if we don't beat MTSU this weekend.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I don't really see either of them doing anything.  I guess they'll have to say something if we don't beat MTSU this weekend.

What do you want them to say?  

I can see it now: Littrell talks about what a lousy team NT is this year and how he must upgrade the team.  How he must do a better job, oh wait; he already says that.   Then Baker chimes in, and states what an awful job Littrell and staff is doing and how there must be improvement or they are all gone.  They could also apologize to the fans for the horrible product they are putting on the field. 

You do realize that there is still a lot of season left and something to play for.

I am sure they say a lot, just not in public.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2