The usual

I've never been a fan of the coach who screams and rants and raves during every practice and game. I've always thought it was more productive for a coach to keep his cool and focus during tough games and when a bad call goes against you. It helps keep your players focused. That said, it meant something when that coach got pissed, lost his cool, or tore into a player's ass. I've never seen Seth get pissed.  That's a problem. He needs to learn there is a time and place to get pissed at the ref, to get in a player's face, and to call someone out. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Rudy said:

I've never been a fan of the coach who screams and rants and raves during every practice and game. I've always thought it was more productive for a coach to keep his cool and focus during tough games and when a bad call goes against you. It helps keep your players focused. That said, it meant something when that coach got pissed, lost his cool, or tore into a player's ass. I've never seen Seth get pissed.  That's a problem. He needs to learn there is a time and place to get pissed at the ref, to get in a player's face, and to call someone out. 

Now I've heard Reffett tear into the secondary, but I think I've seen SL mad 1 time. That was when Guyton got blasted by the Army guy, and they didn't call targeting. 

19 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

I don’t subscribe to the fiery psycho Coach is a better coach. No way in hell. We don’t know what goes behind closed doors. Good coaches keep the fiery speeches behind closed doors, not out in the public for the media and fans to see. 

I don't think anyone is asking SL to go psycho. More along the lines of using your timeouts to verbally earhole refs, or to pull your horrible D to the sideline when they're reeling, when blatant miscues take place let the player in question know about it. In general, have a personality that the team can feed off if need be  After all, he is the HC. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

I don’t subscribe to the fiery psycho Coach is a better coach. No way in hell. We don’t know what goes behind closed doors. Good coaches keep the fiery speeches behind closed doors, not out in the public for the media and fans to see. 

Well, apparently keeping it all behind closed doors isn't working. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Well, apparently keeping it all behind closed doors isn't working. 

That I would agree with. But because Seth isn’t foaming at the mouth has nothing to do with how good of a coach he is. He’s obviously proved he has some ability with the way things have gone the last few years. This year has been a shit show, but that doesn’t mean you go nuts when faced with adversity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

That I would agree with. But because Seth isn’t foaming at the mouth has nothing to do with how good of a coach he is. He’s obviously proved he has some ability with the way things have gone the last few years. This year has been a shit show, but that doesn’t mean you go nuts when faced with adversity. 

I'm just saying he doesn't change up on what he says. Every loss is the same speech, but there's always more that he never expresses. 

I'm not a fan of the yelling hot head, but i'm not a fan of the emotionless coach. Football is emotions, and SL never has any. Even if he does if behind the scenes, its obviously not working.