#HIT6 ??

El Paso Eagle

HIT6 ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Will this year's team win 6 games

• YES WE WILL WIN 6 OR MORE
    • NOT THIS YEAR

The schedule eases up from here, so I think NT will arrive just about at 6-6. However, even going lets say 7-6 changes little. Ever since the new contract with SL was signed I thought that a raise was premature and simply prolonging would have been good enough.

The decision to completely change a successful offensive system when you bring back 90% of your offense was questionable from the start. You can change and tweak it a bit, but this complete change... its not just on Reeder, its also on SL for making that decision. Next season would have been early enough for that.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

Not only does this feel like a lost season but next year doesn't look great, either.  We may be struggling for bowl eligibility for another season or more. 

Yes. I will be pretty surprised at this point if we get to 6 wins. Next season, it's all but another 1-3 OOC start. So, like this year and next, we'd have to go 5-3 in conference to go bowling. SL's best team he's had here only managed 5-3 in conference play. It's not realistic to expect that. It's depressing to not expect that going into year 5. 

• Upvote 1

Rice is about to pee on themselves.....if we show up in Houston the way we did last night they'll beat us. Before the second half you could see the lack of enthusiasm drain out of NT. Seems most games players are acknowlegding the presence of those who traveled to the game. Not last night...sumthang ain't right...

IMO

20 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Rice is about to pee on themselves.....if we show up in Houston the way we did last night they'll beat us. Before the second half you could see the lack of enthusiasm drain out of NT. Seems most games players are acknowlegding the presence of those who traveled to the game. Not last night...sumthang ain't right...

IMO

You have to start wondering if Seth showing a willingness to leave after last year took something out of the "spirit" of this team. Yes, we have had back-to-back 9 win seasons, but the difference between 9 and 7, or 6 (which we could have been except for a couple of plays here and there) is just a couple of plays.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

IMO

Rice will beat NT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

We play utep better in Denton so that is a W.

i have looked at Seth differently ever since K-state. I lost some trust and emotional investment in this thing. If he doesn’t really want to be here why should I bend over backwards to get up to Denton or travel Across states to support his team. Sounds selfish because the players deserve my support and money, the Littrell is mentally gone. 

I need Littrell to reinvest in this program, my program and university. He’s learned a powerful lesson about loyalty, integrity, trust and reputation. We all learn it regardless of industry. He’s at a crossroads. Build this thing back up or depart. There is no room or tolerance for the job between in the Wren World. For that I am happy. 

GMG

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NM Green said:

i have looked at Seth differently ever since K-state. I lost some trust and emotional investment in this thing. If he doesn’t really want to be here why should I bend over backwards to get up to Denton or travel Across states to support his team. Sounds selfish because the players deserve my support and money, the Littrell is mentally gone. 

I need Littrell to reinvest in this program, my program and university. He’s learned a powerful lesson about loyalty, integrity, trust and reputation. We all learn it regardless of industry. He’s at a crossroads. Build this thing back up or depart. There is no room or tolerance for the job between in the Wren World. For that I am happy. 

GMG

Sounds like an assumption. Because WB will have to tolerate it for at minimum 2 more years. So, there's that.  

• Eye Roll 2

You get extra practice time and more exposure for your program when you play in a bowl game.  Even in the midst of a disappointing season, we could still gain a lot from a bowl appearance.

If Fine is healthy, we are probably looking at 3-4 more wins.  If he is either out or nowhere near 100%, then sadly I think we're facing 0-2 more wins.  This team, as currently constructed, is not a sure bet to beat any team on our schedule, if we are playing with an unproven QB. With Siggers also being doubtful, we are running out of playmakers on offense.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

32 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Sounds like an assumption. Because WB will have to tolerate it for at minimum 2 more years. So, there's that.  

I don't know so this is a question.....worst case scenario....how many years will it take for NT to be able to buy out SL's contract? 

Edited by RBP79
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

43 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

You get extra practice time and more exposure for your program when you play in a bowl game.  Even in the midst of a disappointing season, we could still gain a lot from a bowl appearance.

I know you and others are probably right on the extra practice time and exposure, but I’m not convinced it has done shit for UNT.   We’ve only had one recent bowl win and that was under McCarney.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, NM Green said:

GMG

This! This is like finding out that your wife wants to be with another guy who makes more money than you, but finding out the only reason she didn't leave you for him is he did not want the kids she was bringing with her so she decides to stay with you instead. No matter what you will never trust her again. Obviously I am being a little over dramatic, but I am not sure if this team is as emotionally invested in SL as they have been in the past. I saw them quit last night in the 4th quarter like they quit on McCarney during the Portland State debacle. I know as a person it would be hard for me to want to give my all to a guy who wanted to leave me, but the only reason he didn't is because K-State wouldn't give him as much control as he would have liked. I am not sure if any of this coaching staff is very dedicated to this team as they should be with the exception of Patrick Cobbs. It shows to me because PC's running backs are the only ones giving 100% effort and they are the only group performing at a high level.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Even if we do get to 6 wins it’s a massive, massive disappointment.

This feels very similar to Benfords first year when we had all those returning starters and it was being advertised as our most talented team ever. Only to then go like 12-20. 

Don't get me started on Benford and that year. 

Well HE RUINED TONY MITCHELLS NBA CAREER

• Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

This feels very similar to Benfords first year when we had all those returning starters and it was being advertised as our most talented team ever. Only to then go like 12-20. 

Not to me.  Not even close to the disaster that was Benford.

We have some extremely talented players at a few key positions (one being out for the season), but I am skeptical when anyone says this is our most talented team ever.

Year 1 Benford was definitely deep and talented, IIRC.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

5 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Not to me.  Not even close to the disaster that was Benford.

We have some extremely talented players at a few key positions (one being out for the season), but I am skeptical when anyone says this is our most talented team ever.

Year 1 Benford was definitely deep and talented, IIRC.

I’m not comparing Littrell to Benford as far as the eras go.  I’m comparing the build up to that basketball season to this football season as well as the ensuing disappointment. 

• Upvote 3

We have a pretty good chance at 6 wins... but no margin for error...

Losses:  La Tech, UAB

Wins:  Middle Tennessee, Charlotte, UTEP, Rice

Although (assuming we would get a bowl bid), I fear we would get another serious bowl beat-down since we have one of the worst defenses in arguably the worst FBS conference.  But if Mason's healthy, at least he would get to add to his stats and say he played in 3 bowl games.

Edited by ForneyGreen