***Official UNT vs. Southern Miss Gameday Thread***

Coach Andy Mac

This situation is no longer salvageable. Players are quitting on coaches and coaches have looked lost all season.  I'm officially withholding all donations to the Athletic Department until I see heads roll. This season has turned into an embarrassment 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

Maybe you are right. Maybe it’s Littrell. 

we got an OC that was all about tempo, quick quick quick and we brought him here and have the team setting and then standing and looking to the sideline for the play. 

why hire an OC and not let him do what you hired him to do. 

becasue this offense doesn’t look much different from last years. Except it’s slower. And Fine isn’t as comfortable 

I, by no measurements am anything more than a fan who will continue to bleed Mean Green till the end, but after the first game when one of our TE's scored 3 TD's and then disappeared, was wonder what was going on on offense. We seems to have absolutely NO identity on the offense. 

Combine that with what is happening on D, this is something I don't think any of us anticipated.

• Upvote 1

The real question now is how much of limited success of Seth’s tenure due to Fine-GH and defensive recruits from the last staff ?  That is the question other AD will be considering until he wins a bowl game or conference title without Fine.    We can’t afford to fire him for at least 2 more seasons.  So we own this guy.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, MeanMag said:

What? They went deep on his first play of the game, and it was intercepted.

8 minutes left in the game, down by 18, and we're running up the middle. 

Really, is that trying desperately to make a comeback or conceding defeat and running out the clock.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I, by no measurements am anything more than a fan who will continue to bleed Mean Green till the end, but after the first game when one of our TE's scored 3 TD's and then disappeared, was wonder what was going on on offense. We seems to have absolutely NO identity on the offense. 

Combine that with what is happening on D, this is something I don't think any of us anticipated.

I agree about bleeding green, but Reeder is a joke and Reffert should be out the door too.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

People, don’t you understand? The Littrell era is over. This university, the fans and players welcomed him with open arms. We wanted him to believe in us. We hoped he would believe in us. He said all the right words. We gave him a contract extension and raise before he even earned it, you know, like the old fashion way.  What he did last year to this team, this fan base and this university after three years and no conference championships or bowl wins is inexcusable. It cost him a lot. Something money can’t buy. How can I or we ever believe him again when he calls UNT home. Look how fast it all came crashing down. People there are consequences for your actions. I really like Littrell. I feel bad for him for our University and for all of us. Go Mean Green. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

There are a handful of coaches in D1, that don't have a large portion of their fan base calling for their firing after loss.  

Littrell is not going to be fired, no coaching changes are going to be made during the season.

USM just had a lot more talent than NT.  A healthy Fine might have made a game of it, but I am not sure he has been healthy all year long.

Fine's ability has hid a lot of NT's lack of talent for three years, but an injured Fine cannot pull that off in his senior year. 

Fine should be on the bench for the rest of the year if his shoulder is not fully healed.  

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

Just now, GrandGreen said:

There are a handful of coaches in D1, that don't have a large portion of their fan base calling for their firing after loss.  

Littrell is not going to be fired, no coaching changes are going to be made during the season.

USM just had a lot more talent than NT.  A healthy Fine might have made a game of it, but I am not sure he has been healthy all year long.

Fine's ability has hid a lot of NT's lack of talent for three years, but an injured Fine cannot pull that off in his senior year. 

Fine should be on the bench for the rest of the year if his shoulder is not fully healed.  

200.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Fine got absolutely brutalized by Houston last week when their DLine played halfback most of the evening and he got pounded into the Apogee turf...Fine is as rough as they come,  but nobody would be able to walk away without injury after that assbearing UH put on our offense last week.

• Upvote 1

Just now, untjim1995 said:

Fine got absolutely brutalized by Houston last week when their DLine played halfback most of the evening and he got pounded into the Apogee turf...Fine is as rough as they come,  but nobody would be able to walk away without injury after that assbearing UH put on our offense last week.

Yeah I won't be surprised if hes done by UAB

Just now, untjim1995 said:

Yet we had people on here claiming that our OL “isn’t that bad”. But here we are with Fine hurt after another game of getting killed on the regular.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Green Lantern said:

Yet we had people on here claiming that our OL “isn’t that bad”. But here we are with Fine hurt after another game of getting killed on the regular.

This has been an issue for awhile now with the OLine. We have just had a QB who has been tough as nails and has made plays in spite of their poor play. It’s been this way for Fine his entire career here. I actually believe it’s finally taken it’s toll on the poor kid...

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1