***Official UNT vs. Southern Miss Gameday Thread***

Coach Andy Mac

1 minute ago, texmusic said:

Someone needs to be accountable for this!   

Just now, meangreenlax said:

Yup. We have bid against ourselves over the past two seasons. Maybe some shit tier P5 will take him off our hands.

So what are on the hook for now?  The first extension was premature.  But that caused by historically bad mismanagement by previous AD making us look like on the worst jobs in FBS.  I still say that UNT is a better position than going to programs in P5 that haven’t competed for conference championships in 40 years.

16 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

He was never going to KState. 

his agent played UNT

Doesn’t matter. The fact that Littrell tried to parlay an anomaly in Mason Fine, the good fortune of having a young OC in Harrell, a couple of winning records but no conference championships, no Bowl wins and big losses in important conference games into something better than UNT says it all. He can call this home until he is blue in the face but It is meaningless. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Many, many on here undervalued GH. If you took the time, and listened objectively to what many on the national stage were saying GH is very highly thought of. I believe his influence on Mason, regardless of the rah-rah "father/son" Seth and Mason feel good stories is the reason a very, very good player and played great. 

I would like to see GH come back as the HC if Seth leaves.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

We have to focus on improving our O and D lines.  Controlling the line of scrimmage is key to consistent winning and championships in CUSA.  Unfortunately, our current coaching staff is enamored with recruiting only skill position players (which as a priority should come after you build a program with solid line play).   

Edited by Mean Green Fan4Life
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Many, many on here undervalued GH. If you took the time, and listened objectively to what many on the national stage were saying GH is very highly thought of. I believe his influence on Mason, regardless of the rah-rah "father/son" Seth and Mason feel good stories is the reason a very, very good player and played great. 

Just because Reeder is a disaster doesn’t mean GH was good 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

There is more of a chance that Harrell becomes a HC possibly at USC, then coming back here

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mean Green Fan4Life said:

We have to focus on improving our O and D lines.  Controlling the line of scrimmage is key to consistent winning and championships in CUSA.  Unfortunately, our current coaching staff is enamored with recruiting only skill position players (which in priority should come after you build a program with solid line play).   

Transfer portal! Take everyone you can get!!!!

• Upvote 2

I mean I get what you're saying. And I am one of the people that didn't think all that highly on GH (mainly on the absolute inability to convert short yardage situations), but how do we know what he really is? Because people say so? Do you think people called Seth and he was like, "Yeah, without GH we would be really, really bad. I am just kind of here as the HC in title only." OR do you think people talk highly of him because of his HS connections and his success playing the game at the HS and college level? I would say the latter is far and away more likely like the former. Wouldn't you? 

4 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Oh bull shit!!!

If SL was upset he would have already made changes

Correct and if he really thinking critically about improving his team you don’t let the opportunity to get your brand new young starting QB live action snaps.  If you are that fearful to let him play that is your failure as a coach and as a recruiting staff.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

That's why major P5 programs wanted him. It's OK to admit your wrong 😎

Maybe you are right. Maybe it’s Littrell. 

we got an OC that was all about tempo, quick quick quick and we brought him here and have the team setting and then standing and looking to the sideline for the play. 

why hire an OC and not let him do what you hired him to do. 

becasue this offense doesn’t look much different from last years. Except it’s slower. And Fine isn’t as comfortable 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2