***Official UNT vs. Southern Miss Gameday Thread***

Coach Andy Mac

We are looking at a season where:

SL comes back with Mason Fine for his senior year, only to see the whole thing fall apart and now he is stuck here...

A season where most of us had us winning 8 or more games, will now be lucky to get to 6 wins. Those 6 wins will come from this group of Murderers Row: ACU, UTSA, Rice, Charlotte, UTEP, MUTS, and UAB...

The more we see SL, the more and more he looks just like Mike Leach is in his first few years as a head coach at Tech. Maybe it will get better for him,  but he still has a lot to learn.

Just now, Mike Jackson said:

Who are we bringing in if Seth is let go at the end of the season?  Barring a Portland State like massacre I am 100% against firing mid-season.  Now you bring in a hot recruiting coach who is a Cooridinator for Clemson, OU, Texas or a top SEC team and you have to fire SL mid-season, go for it.  This is very depressing I wasn’t hopeful for a conference title this year but I expected UNT to be still in the hurt in November.  We don’t have the offensive line or defense to compete.  That is more a recruiting issue than an X’s and O’s issue.

Someone needs to be accountable for this!   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mike Jackson said:

Who are we bringing in if Seth is let go at the end of the season?  Barring a Portland State like massacre I am 100% against firing mid-season.  Now you bring in a hot recruiting coach who is a Cooridinator for Clemson, OU, Texas or a top SEC team and you have to fire SL mid-season, go for it.  This is very depressing I wasn’t hopeful for a conference title this year but I expected UNT to be still in the hurt in November.  We don’t have the offensive line or defense to compete.  That is more a recruiting issue than an X’s and O’s issue.

We can’t afford to fire him. Lmao

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Man, SL has five years on his contract. He’s not getting let go of after this season...

Edited by untjim1995

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

I can’t wait to watch Littrell’s pre game,  half time and post game speeches on Beyond the Green this week. 

Well you probably wont be surprised. His halftime "speech" was just the same old, and I bet the postgame will sound like this, "Give credit to southern miss theyre a very good football team jncdjnjd vkfl  f f just didn't get the timing jehf;jdnvj nc we got to get our self together scjncdjdnvf jf leaves

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well if we lose to Mtsu and Charlotte, then he should be gone fast. If they give up 30+ to both those teams then Reffett and Reeder are gone. Then we go on to a 6-6 bowl win

I don't know if 6&6 does the job.Assuming we beat the next 3 cream puffs and loose to La. Tech, we will be 5&5 with Rice on the road [who nearly beat La. Tech] and UAB at home. Neither of those two are automatic "W's".In fact if Fine is out with shoulder injury for any length of time this season is probably toast.

Just now, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well you probably wont be surprised. His halftime "speech" was just the same old, and I bet the postgame will sound like this, "Give credit to southern miss theyre a very good football team jncdjnjd vkfl  f f just didn't get the timing jehf;jdnvj nc we got to get our self together scjncdjdnvf jf leaves

Definitely. This. It will be so monotonous and ego driven drivel (as per usual) it will be difficult to watch. So, I won't.