CUSA Championship Title Sponsor

Philip Ferguson

why would they pay UNT anything when UNT is trying to destroy their small business.  I am sure NYSH has paid taxes since they open the place and it his Ironic UNT can use that money to close them down.  The place has a great lunch crowd business.  I have had to take it to go because there was no place to sit.  Funny the place has a lot of UNT staff and students in the restaurant.  

I did notice today there is activity  on the old strip mall land.  They are moving dirt.

• Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 4

16 hours ago, southsideguy said:

why would they pay UNT anything when UNT is trying to destroy their small business.  I am sure NYSH has paid taxes since they open the place and it his Ironic UNT can use that money to close them down.  The place has a great lunch crowd business.  I have had to take it to go because there was no place to sit.  Funny the place has a lot of UNT staff and students in the restaurant.  

I did notice today there is activity  on the old strip mall land.  They are moving dirt.

standing ovation oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, southsideguy said:

I think what is lost on you is that they have been in that location making money off of UNT students, faculty and staff for decades and have never given a dime.   I love me a NY Sub, but maybe karma is biting them in the ass. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

So it is requirement to give money to UNT to keep your business?   They are in business to make money and fill a void for UNT students, staffers and others.  Business like this ad charm to college town.  Fry street will be next,  wonder how much CVS gives to UNT?

So if it was your business you would say ok and walk away from your business you built.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

I’ve never stepped foot in that sub place because honestly I forget that it’s there. Most students also forget that it’s there, that’s real talk. I get people are nostalgic but seems like no one is nostalgic about the Chinese restaurant or the Naranja Cafe 😅

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, southsideguy said:

So it is requirement to give money to UNT to keep your business?   They are in business to make money and fill a void for UNT students, staffers and others.  Business like this ad charm to college town.  Fry street will be next,  wonder how much CVS gives to UNT?

So if it was your business you would say ok and walk away from your business you built.

Fair question. Honestly, I would have probably given back in some way, but that’s just me. If it were my business and I was aware that the university was looking at my property, and had been for quite some time, I would have probably tried to work a deal with the university to stay put or looked at other locations. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/10/2019 at 10:09 PM, Philip Ferguson said:

The name sounds familiar!

image.png.336c21a3b3e026f233de9d4a942d2390.png

It's a long shot but it's still possible for North Texas to host the CUSA Championship Game this year.

North Texas will have to win out, including defeating La Tech in Ruston on 11/9, Southern Miss will have to lose another game, and the CUSA East champion will need to have lost at least one conference game. Every team in CUSA-East except WKU has already lost a conference game and WKU still has to play Marshall, FAU, USM, and MTSU in their 'Hate' game.

Screenshot_20191019-215436_Sports.jpg

http://conferenceusa.com/standings.aspx?standings=93&path=football

Our message board doomsdayers can bitch and moan about this all they want, but those are the facts. Despite early season setbacks we are in a very good position to win it all.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2