Official Southern Miss Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

An early-season clash of the preseason top 2 teams in the West will put the winner in the driver's seat to a conference championship game appearance.

North Texas has had some bumps in the road so far this year, and it appears the transition to Reeder's offense, and the departure of our 2 all-conference CBs has culminated in some serious challenges for this team.

USM is going to be battle-tested having played 2 SEC teams during non-conference play, and they're getting their all-conference caliber LB back for the game, so NT's offense will have its hands full.

Meanwhile, USM's QB, Abraham has been racking up stats against UTEP, Alcorn St, and a Troy team that's struggling under whoever their new coach is that's NOT Neal Brown.  Then getting beat up by MSSt & 'Bama.   So it's difficult to get a gauge on how good he really is.  I would expect to see some more big 10-yd cushions by our CBs early on until we find out.

I think this game is going to be a very good game.  The final score will be less than a TD apart, but NT (sensing the urgency) finally puts together a solid 1st quarter and goes on to win.

NT: 31
USM: 27

**If we come out flat yet again, and go down 14-0 quickly as we've seen too much lately:  NT:24 - USM:38**

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1. Big game

2. CUSA West on the line

3. On the road

4. 50/50 game, no clear talent advantage

5. Good game plan and prepared team will be necessary

6. A lot of attention on this game

Until proven otherwise....none of the above is good for this coaching staff.

USM 38

UNT 28

**edit**

PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSEEE prove me wrong. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 5

USM 35

UNT 30

Points scored by UNT in the second half: 30

Times we are referred to as North Texas State: 1 

Ridiculous polls sent out via facebook: 6

Mentions of Brett Favre on the broadcast: 3

Reasons I have to go to Mississippi: 0 

• Downvote 1

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/conference-usa/2019/10/11/20907684/north-texas-mean-green-at-southern-miss-golden-eagles-preview-game-time-betting-line-streaming-fine

The game being in USM’s house doesn’t hurt, but at the end of the day those “points allowed” by air will likely sink the Golden Eagles, as Mason Fine will take advantage of any and every opportunity to break out big plays. Jack Abraham is an incredible quarterback, and will deserve all of his post-season accolades, but North Texas is the more complete team by now, and since taking over at UNT, Seth Littrell has never lost to Southern Miss, winning by more points every year, over the last three years.

Final Score: North Texas 45, Southern Miss 28

• Upvote 2

Here is what I am hoping...

So far this season we have shown one thing... We arent quite there yet to hang with the P5s and upper G5 schools... but we are able to beat up on lesser teams.  Our conference doesnt look too strong this year.

I think we will show that we can put it on teams in our conference.  I am going to go with:

UNT: 35
USM: 24